2 people are viewing this hotel
US$111
Free cancellation until 13/10/22
US$107
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$95
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
Hotels.comUS$107
PricelineUS$118
TravelocityUS$107
1,520 results
All reviews leisure centre lovely hotel cork city kids club bar food family break food was lovely reception staff both nights reception area would highly recommend this hotel from start to finish enjoyable stay a lovely stay top class wedding ellis
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 July 2022

We are extremely grateful to all the staff at the Oriel House Hotel for exceptional service, thoughtfulness and making two occasions just magical for our family. Nicole was just fantastic to coordinate everything for us. Nicole, James and Edito in particular went above and beyond to make our time at the Oriel so special that it was beyond what we could have hoped for. All of our family and extended family were made feel so welcome and all of our special requirements were accommodated.
The service was just exceptional. The food was absolutely divine, so much so we all stayed for a meal the following day. James also let us know about the music entertainment on the Saturday night and it was the icing on the cake, it was terrific.
To top off a wonderful stay in the beautiful rooms, we were delighted to avail of the room service options and also the swimming pool, it was a huge highlight for the children. The facilities there are just exceptional.
We had the most magical time and highly recommend the hotel. We cannot thank the staff enough for how we were looked after, each and every staff member went above and beyond.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Anne Baker, Guest Services / Front Office at Oriel House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2022

Dear Eilis-with-a-fada,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent view to the Oriel. I am delighted Nicole, Edito & James & all the team were able to look after you so well & thank you for thinking of the Oriel to celebrate your special occasions.

We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Oriel, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2022

I stayed here for two nights for work reasons. I was looking forward to my stay as many locals had told me this place was brilliant however my experience there was far from it. I had booked a two night summer deal where breakfast was free along with a one course meal. When checking in I tried to book for breakfast the following morning but I was told it was booked up (at 7am on a Tuesday) but to try anyway. Instead when I got to my room I opted for room service. I ordered the basics, tea, toast and cereal but when I received my breakfast there was no butter, milk or sugar meaning my meal was almost inedible. Dinner was a little better but the 8oz steak didn't look no more than a beef fillet which was quite disappointing. The room was less than optimal. I had to book a deluxe room as nothing less was available but a little bit of comfort didn't bother me. What did bother me however was the lack of comfort. The double bed I was given was nothing more than twin beds pushed together with a queen sized sheet put over it, you could clearly feel the the gap between the mattresses. The ceiling in both the bedroom and bathroom had water damage, which was very off putting, and as for the TV half the stations didn't work, it was just static. After my stay here I've been very put off ever coming here again and the €300 I had spent to stay here was very much not worth a single penny.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Anne Baker, Guest Services / Front Office at Oriel House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2022

Dear hazlemN3428XL,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Feedback is very important to us & I am disappointed to read that you found your recent stay below our usual high standards.

I would like the opportunity to speak to you directly in regards to your feedback if you can please contact me on 021 4208400 or email revenuemanager@orielhousehotel.ie

Reviewed 7 June 2022

It’s quite a few years since we last visited this hotel, and we were very pleasantly surprised with the refurbishment works which had been carried out. There’s plenty of free surface and underground parking. Both check-in and out were prompt and professionally handled. Our room was really spacious and clean and there was everything supplied, including bottled water, and an in-room safe for valuables, passports etc. I loved the décor – the carpet was charcoal coloured and the furnishings and wall décor complemented it beautifully. One thing we were delighted with was the number of power sockets around the room. Lack of sockets has often been an issue in hotels, but not in this one. The bed was massive and very comfortable, so we had a great night’s sleep. Unfortunately, we didn’t get the chance to use the leisure centre, but maybe next time. Breakfast was really good – buffet type, with everything you could wish for – including fried and scrambled eggs. We would recommend this hotel if you are down in this area. The village/town is lovely to walk through and there are plenty of shops and eateries around. It was lovely to see how much pride the locals have in their locality; it was just spotless and obviously very well cared for. We will definitely visit here again.

Dear DubTwosome.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us & for your thoughful words.
The hotel is ideally located in the heart of Ballincollig & is indeed a beautiful town with lots of amenities to fill your day.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us & that you found every aspect of your stay up to the high standards that the team strive so hard to achieve.

We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2022

We had our wedding in the oriel house hotel in April. I cannot fault one thing. From start to finish everything was amazing. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. When we first met our wedding planner Elaine Gantly, she really put us at ease and from that moment was able to work with us taking all the heavy lifting from us and ensuring our day was exactly what we wanted. Which it was - actually even better than we could have imagined. James the manager on duty the day of the wedding also took the time out to meet us beforehand and ensured everything went to plan. I cannot thank Elaine, James and all the staff enough. We had the wedding of our dreams and its all thanks to the staff in the oriel. The food was amazing, the venue was beautiful and the staff were perfect. I would highly recommend anyone seeking a wedding venue to consider the oriel. I truly mean it when I say we cannot name one fault. We will be forever grateful to the staff for making our fairytale come true.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear KimC3340,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent wedding reception. It was our pleasure to be chosen to host your special day & to look after you, your families & friends on your wedding day.
I am delighted that every aspect of your perfect day went to plan & that Elaine, James & our team were able to look after you all so well.

Reviewed 7 June 2022

We dined here last night - 6th June as non residents. We are locals to Ballincollig but haven't been to the hotel much. Weather was nice so we went to the hotel for a drink - we had such a nice pleasant experience that we decided to stay for dinner.

We had the Veg curry and Bangers and Mash. I have to say I am impressed with the waitress who took the order (sorry i didn't get your name) as she knew straight away that the curry was 100% vegetarian and not made with fish sauce or non veg stock as a lot of curry's on menus that are vegetables might not actually be vegetarian (which I am)

We had 2 x coffees (yum!) and the Eaton mess for dessert. This was perfect size to share and was full to the brim with berries. Such a nice summery dessert.

We will definitely be back to dine here more often

Date of stay: June 2022

Dear MaryMidleton,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the hotel. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience & that our team were able to look after you so well.

We will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.