6 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$157
TravelocityUS$157
Lol.travelUS$200
1,178 results
All reviews sea view leisure centre garryvoe beach east cork lovely hotel lighthouse bar ballycotton bay health club top class small balcony outdoor hot tub cliff walk family room from start to finish main restaurant would highly recommend this hotel spacious room
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2022

The words I'd use to describe our experience would not do it justice. We got married here and our experience of the build up and the entire day were nothing short of perfection. Aidan and all of the staff were fantastic and we cannot wait to return. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly the book is divine and the rooms are all stunning.

Date of stay: May 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 May 2022

Recently stayed in this hotel. The location is directly adjacent to the beach and is very convenient. The rooms are very comfortable with good seaviews ( extra cost). However, the extractor fan in our bathroom did not work, there was no air-conditioning and no security safe.
We had a very enjoyable stay. The meals were good, breakfasts in particular, service was generally good and staff were very friendly and helpful.
Prices were competitive with other 4 star properties,
The bar in the hotel lacked people and atmosphere, given the time of year, and no entertainment was provided.
There is no village or town directly within walking distance of this hotel.
Parking is on site and free. Ballycotton is 10 minutes away by car, a really nice fishing villiage, with a nice hotel, restaurants and bars.

Room tip: Pay extra for a full sea view room with Juliet balcony.
Reviewed 2 May 2022 via mobile

We visited as a family of 4 for lunch only. It was really terrible. The service was disgraceful. I had to ask twice for a high chair as the first time I was told there was none available but I saw myself there was one free. I also had to ask for a pot of boiling water on 3 occasions to which the waiter replied (on the 3rd time), 'I'll get it when I'm ready'.
The baby bowl arrived 15 mins before the rest of the food and we were offered no condiments with our lunch. I understand there is a shortage of hospitality staff at present & staff are under pressure as a result but this was so disappointing. The quality of food itself was only ok. The wrap has very few pieces of chicken and there was no side salad served with it as requested. For a beautiful looking hotel with so much potential it is a terrible pity. I wouldn't return.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2022

We stayed here whilst visiting family and the area my mum grew up in. We have stayed before and would only ever stay in this hotel unless it was fully booked! We dined in the Lighthouse restaurant every night and the service was brilliant. Room are very spacious and beds are comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 April 2022 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night in a sea view room. The location is stunning with views over to Ballycotton. Double doors opening onto a small balcony. The room was pristine on arrival. Very spacious, Huge and very very comfy bed. I have to say thank you to Maura who made this birthday celebration night perfect. There was a lovely birthday gift in the room on arrival and Maura helped with all my queries and requests. Thank you. We had an early check-in and the team in reception were so genuinely nice. We went for a walk and a coffee along the beach, after which we went back to the bar for a few drinks. Then used the pool and outdoor hot tub before having dinner in the bistro bar. Gorgeous fish and chips, with a chicken salad, and a most friendly Portuguese waiter whose name escapes me now. Moved onto the main bar and you could see how this is one of the most popular wedding venues in Cork. It's a classy space indeed. Thank you to the entire team for an outstanding night away.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple