All reviews leisure centre cork city bistro restaurant collins bar nice hotel camp bed wedding reception bar food fota wildlife park stayed here for nights reception staff top class food was lovely family room night stay last weekend short break
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Popped into Collins Bar with Mom this evening to try out their bar food. I ordered a steak sandwich but what I got was not like any steak sandwich I'd ever seen before...and I've seen a lot of them in my time! The meat wasn't proper steak as far as I could make out, or at least what you'd normally expect in a steak sandwich, and I couldn't even cut the bread the bits of meat were on with the steak knife, it was so hard. As a result, I couldn't even figure out how someone was meant to tackle eating it!! I was told I'd have to be charged for it even if I didn't eat any of it, as I'd ordered it, so I ate the accompanying chips! I have to say the staff were friendly and professional in dealing with us and I didn't really mind paying for it after ordering it, but it's always annoying having to leave an eatery without eating! Someone really needs to change the name on the menu of whatever they brought us out, because it definitely wasn't a "steak sandwich" anyway! Can I suggest "small meat strips on toasted bread" maybe?! At least people would know what to expect then when ordering it!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Mark H, Digital Marketing Executive at Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Joe,

Thank you for your review. We were disappointed to hear that our steak sandwich was not to your satisfaction. As one of our most popular dishes amongst our guests, we pride ourselves on the quality of the steak sandwich we provide in Collins Bar.

Rest assured that we do genuinely appreciated your honest feedback, and we will take it on board as we are constantly reviewing our offering. We hope to welcome you to our hotel again soon.

Mark

Reviewed 29 May 2018

This review is purely about the gym facilities - I tried to use the contact us form on the website but this did not work. The gym facilities in CCH have gone massively downhill. I had been a member there for approximately 18 months and thankfully it has just finished up. All these promotions to get more people to join and I would imagine not a cent has gone on upgrading the machines. The amount of machines that are substandard or Out of order half the time is a joke. Also, the water fountain hasn’t worked properly in I don’t know how many months. Not even able to provide a working water fountain in a gym is such poor customer service.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Mark H, Digital Marketing Executive at Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are very disappointed to read your comments on our gym and we assure you that we take your feedback seriously. Our gym equipment is constantly being monitored and maintained, and we are always looking to improve our facilities where possible.

Our leisure centre manager Keith would be happy to speak with you and address any worries you may have. You are welcome to call in and ask to speak with him directly, or alternatively call the centre directly on 021 485 2176. We would be disappointed to lose any of our members and would like to allay your concerns.

Mark

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

What a lovely friendly place to stay. Staff at the Carrigaline really do personify the legendary Irish welcome and hospitality! Will def be staying again when I am in Cork. Food and drink are good value. The gym, while not swanky, is honest and functional just as they should be.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your very kind review. We are delighted to hear that you had a enjoyable stay here with us. We pride ourselves on our customer service and all of our staff always try to make our guests feel as comfortable and as welcome as possible.

We're pleased to hear that you are planning to come back to us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Carrigaline!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We have just come back from staying in carrigaline court hotel for 3 nights with the kids and I have to say from the minute we arrived the hotel staff were so polite and very helpful and our room was lovely plenty of space in the room,we used the leisure facilities a lot with the kids and every staff member behind the desk looked after us 110%. We also ate in Collins bar and the friendly staff continued right through the hotel we definitely will be booking again thank you for a great family break.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Mark H, Digital Marketing Executive at Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your very kind review. We are delighted to hear that you had a nice family break with us here in the hotel. We always look to provide the best possible experience for our guests, and so it is great to hear back from our guests when they have felt that during their stay.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Second year in a row we have stayed here. Nice friendly atmosphere about the place. Staff very friendly and also very accommodating. At 11pm last night we sought some toast and butter for our daughter, it was subsequently delivered via room service. The guy who brought it up would not take a tip. They did not charge for it, you might think it is not such a big deal (a couple of slices of toast) , but I have stayed at other hotels and they charge a room service minimum charge! If you have little ones, the automatic pancake machine at breakfast is a must! And the breakfast is really good. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Mark H, Digital Marketing Executive at Carrigaline Court Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. Our staff were only too happy to be of assistance for your late request, we always look to put our guests first! Our pancake machine is proving very popular with all of our guests, young and old alike!

We are delighted to read that you plan on visiting us again in the future, we look forward to welcoming you back.