3,230 results
All reviews ghost tour sky bar crystal dining room haunted hotel new moon fourth floor balcony room shared balcony interesting history step back in time shuttle service rocking chairs get away brunch morgue jasper spooky
Reviewed 13 November 2018

This hotel has very large comfortable rooms; ours had a claw foot bathtub in the bathroom. The restaurant is lovely and the food and service were wonderful; the buffet breakfast is especially good. We took the evening ghost tour; fascinating history and a great tour of this beautiful and interesting hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

This hotel is so incredibly beautiful that it will immediately transport you back to the 1880's the second you step through the door. I cannot put into words how helpful, kind, and passionate the staff is about the hotel. They love to share the history and ghost stories. I felt at peace the second I stepped through the door.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2018

We had a wonderful time! We loved everything about it. It will be a birthday my daughter and her friends will never forget! We really loved the ghost tour. We thought it was very interesting. We only wish there were more sizes in tshirts. We were very limited in which shirts we could buy.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

What a dump. This old hotel is in desperate need of a cleaning and renovation. This was my second stay at the Creacent and this time was worse than the second. Just know that the Crescent is a wedding factory. There were at least 8 weddings on the day I was there. Even one in the lobby. Absolute bedlam. Our room wasn’t ready when we got there and wasn’t what we requested. Oh well. We did get a balcony but it faced the parking lot. A word about the balcony, yes it’s shared. Not bad unless your neighbors are pot smoking bridesmaids from hell, like those next to us. They didn’t stop smoking even when my 6-year-old granddaughter and I tried to sit outside. (I don’t care I’d people smoke weed, but no one should smoke anything around kids!) now about the room. Totally gross, like the rest of the worn out hotel. The walls are bashed up, the doors are lopsided, and there is zero sound proofing. There were people running up and down the halls all night. Think about it— 8 weddings means a whole lotta partying. And those folks are staying at the hotel. So loud. The beds are soft so there’s that. Bring ear plugs and you might get some rest. DO NOT order the pizza. So awful. The crust was uncooked. Just don’t eat it.

On the upside, the restaurant is always good. But don’t count on anything other than breakfast. The “restaurant” doubles as an event center so sometimes it serves dinner and sometimes not. If and when the steak house is open, you should try it. Great food.

So, in summary, some will call the hotel quirky. I call it overpriced and dirty. You don’t need to stay there to visit. And, the whole haunted thing is a tourist gimmick just like the quirky thing.

There are other places to stay that are cheaper and the Creacent experience is something you can and should live without.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Vida1958
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Had a great time and we will return. Wonderful place to stay and relax. Wonderful people and services.. Great room and the best place to stay in the Ozarks.. We will be back asap and spend more time there.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple