Had a great time on a quick overnight stay that included the ghost tour and the Sunday brunch. The history of the hotel is absolutely fascinating, and I enjoy just being in the building more than anything. I had been to the Crescent a number of times but this was my first stay. I must say, the room was a pleasant surprise.
The staff was friendly and very helpful. We had several offers to help us to our room with luggage. Our second floor room appeared to have been fairly recently remodeled but retained it's victorian era charm. The carpet was new and in good condition, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was large and clean. A window unit provided heat and air and kept the room comfortable.
While our experience was a lot of fun, I would not recommend the hotel to someone wishing to have a quiet, relaxing stay. Our room was on the second floor directly above the Crystal Dining Room, and a party was in progress. The music was extremely loud, to the point you could feel the vibrations when you were laying on the bed, and it continued until just after midnight. Good thing we didn't want to go to bed early. Aside from that, there constantly are guests and visitors roaming the halls talking loudly and taking pictures. All hallway sound easily penetrates through and around the antique doors. If there are guests above you, you will hear every step they take. This isn't a criticism, as I understand the hotel is 126 years old, so that is to be expected. Just pointing it out.
The ghost tour is fun. It was my second time on the tour, and it has greatly improved over my previous trip in 2008. It's informative and gives you a look at some areas you otherwise wouldn't get to see. Sunday brunch was just ok. Fortunately it was included in our stay, because I don't think it's worth the standard $25 price.
All in all, a very fun experience, and I would like to stay again some time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Today for Eureka Springs lodging, the full-service Crescent Hotel features 81 rooms including luxury suites and cottages, hot tub and swimming pool, the New Moon Spa & Salon, the 1886 Steakhouse, Sky Bar Gourmet Pizza with al fresco dining, concierge and bellman service, a resort activities coordinator, all surrounded by 15 acres of manicured show gardens and pristine woods with hiking and walking trails. The hotel also offers Daily Activity Programming including a Kids Kamp, Spa Fitness, History Tour, and Back Porch Social. The Crescent Hotel is also home to over 400 wedding events per year ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1886 Crescent Hotel And Spa
- 1886 Crescent Hotel Eureka Springs
- Crescent Hotel Eureka Springs Arkansas
- 1886 Crescent Eureka Springs
- Crescent Hotel Spa Eureka Springs
- Crescent Eureka Springs