“Wonderful and Romantic”

Ridge Top Resort and Chapel
Ridge Top Resort and Chapel
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

So clean and secluded and great Jacuzzi. Great service. These are the nicest people and the cabins are wonderful.
Nice kitchen and loft. Enjoyed the beautiful deck too. We loved that it was so close to the lake.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ridge Top Resort and Chapel

Reviewed 14 March 2016

From the top of this ridge, you can see the beautiful Ozark hills in all directions. That's exactly what we were seeking on our visit here. We enjoy the beauty of all seasons, and while we visited here in March, we'd love to see it at other times of year. We stayed in a cabin that has a fun loft area, so it accommodated our teenage girls nicely, and they enjoyed climbing the ladder to their own room. Debra and Mike are very hospitable, and made us feel right at home. We would encourage them to continue doing all the things; the small details that make the difference in a stay like this.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2015 via mobile

My husband and I chose the quaint little chapel that sits on this property for our wedding... From the first phone call to Debra to ask questions and make arrangements...I knew that I had chosen the absolutely perfect place to get married... The fact that pastor Mike is a true southern baptist minister and not someone that just paid the fees for a license to perform ceremonies for profit was extremely important to us as although we wanted a small informal wedding, we wanted a religious wedding and pastor Mike delivered! The service was beautiful and you can tell how much he embraces the bonds of marriage... The only way it could have been more perfect would have been if more of our family had been able to travel there to share in our special day...

We traveled to Eureka Springs in late August of 2014 for the first time and on our last evening there, Al proposed to me so we wanted to return for our wedding. The place we were staying was on the lake and each time we traveled to and from our cabin on that trip, I couldn't help but notice the beautiful little log cabin chapel along the way on 187... Chapel of the Angels... So upon returning home, the wedding planning began and Debra was wonderful about answering questions and helping with the planning of the wedding we wanted... They offered several packages to meet the needs of anyone planning a destination wedding...since ours was small (with only 4 guests besides my husband and myself)...the price was very reasonable...especially for what we got!!!

We arrived back in Eureka Springs on the day before our wedding and we went to Ridgetop Resort as we wanted to meet pastor Mike and see the chapel where we would say I do prior to the wedding... Al and I loved pastor Mike instantly...he was more than happy to show us the chapel and even took the time to let us check out the cabins at their resort... The cabins were super cute and nicely decorated to fit the theme and very clean... We had already arranged to stay at the resort where we had gotten engaged at in August but as much as we love the surroundings and people of the community we thought it would be nice to see another option of a great place to stay during one of our many (I'm sure...) return visits... Mike and Debra have an absolutely lovely property with 4 cabins and the quaint little chapel...and they are the most friendly wonderful people I'm positive they would make a stay an awesome experience...

On the day of the wedding, we actually ended up standing in line behind pastor Mike at the local grocery store just 3 hours before we would be standing in the chapel with him for our wedding...again he was very cordial and he was buying his wife roses for Valentine's Day... I thought how funny it was to happen to be standing in line behind the one person I actually somewhat knew in town...

When we arrived at the chapel pastor Mike instructed us on what to expect during the service so we'd know what to do and Debra was getting my music ready and they were getting my candle that I had chosen from their beautiful selection of unity candles to use (and I purchased mine to have as a keepsake) for the service... Debra gave me my bouquet which was exactly as I had requested it to be and she put Al's boutonnière on him... Pastor Mike snapped a few before photos... Debra took pictures during the ceremony and a few after then she gave the camera back to pastor Mike and posed us... They also included my guests in photos...just as if they were part of the wedding... It was awesome!!! The whole experience...

Mike invited us to attend his church the next morning and told us they were having kind of a special themed Valentine's Day service and even a potluck to follow... We were very excited to get up the following morning and to have the opportunity to hear Mike preach... So we did attend Beaver Lake Baptist Church the following morning and once again...we were not disappointed... The whole church congregation welcomed us with open arms and fellowshipped with us as if we were part of their church family... The service was awesome and Debra can really sing... We attended the potluck and people sat with us and chatted with us...we never felt more welcome!!!

I am positive that we will always make it a point to revisit with Mike and Debra every time we get to Eureka Springs!!! If I could give Chapel of the Angels and Ridgetop Resort an even higher rating I would... We feel blessed to have shared our special day with them and to know them!!! Good people!!!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bethany N
Reviewed 27 December 2014 via mobile

Heard about these cabins on The Gospel Station last week & called to reserve one! The owners, Mike & Debra Mercer are sweet Christian people. Debra took our reservation and answered all our questions. Our cabin was very clean & comfortable. Loved the gas fireplace, jacuzzi tub & open concept floor plan. Easy to get in & out with our car. Nicely furnished & the bed is so comfortable. My only addition would be some kitchen lighting. Pretty dim in that area! We have enjoyed our two night stay & hope to come back late summer to see the Great Passion Play!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I just got married there and Mike and his wife Debra are AWESOME people. I would bery highly recommend going here. Beautiful view from the Chapel of Angels. Mike did a wonderful traditional weeding which was very nice because we didn't have any guests at our wedding, it was just me and my husband. Great pictures were taking and they helped with everything that we could need. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple