“Wonderful dinner”

Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In 1886, "The Grand Ol' Lady of The Ozarks" opened her doors to America's travelers. After more than 125 years, the Crescent Hotel has stayed true to keeping the traditions of Historic Hotels alive. One such tradition is in Culinary excellence. At the Crescent Hotel Breakfast Buffet (feast on Saturday and Sunday) is served daily while on weekdays our Crystal Ballroom is transformed into the Crystal Dining Room welcoming parties from 2 for that special celebration to 20 for that family gathering. On the weekends the Ballroom becomes host to weddings . Such is the case at Arkansas' historic mountaintop spa resort, the Crescent. ... in the tradition of America's Finest Historic Hotels.
Reviewed 2 September 2017

My husband & I celebrated our 10 year anniversary at the Crystal Dining room. The grilled portabelo mushroom appetizer was so delicious & tasted like a steak! I had the bacon pork chops for my entree & they were delicious! Hubby had the fish & it was also really good! Dessert was bread pudding and also an apple caramel cheesecake. Both were fantastic! Service was 100%! The dining room itself is absolutely gorgeous. Cannot wait to go back!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Our first time here---the Crab Lorenzo was excellent with a neat tie to the hotel's history. My husband had the ribeye special. It was cooked perfectly and was well seasoned. I had the Grilled Scottish Salmon Oscar. This was a very flavorful dish; the salmon was juicy and tender. Our waitress, Naomi, did a fabulous job taking care of us and the other customers in the dining room. She was knowledgeable about the menu selections and about the history of the Crescent. Wonderful evening!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We had the Crab Lorenzo and Caesar special to start, followed by the Salmon and Chicken Carbonara. All were excellent. Our server was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The atmosphere and decor are elegant with a bit of rustic thrown in.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We enjoyed breakfast here two mornings. The food and service were both wonderful! It was a beautiful, spacious setting.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Not only is it $17 a person for some cold hash browns, gray sausage, packaged biscuits and gravy, some eggs, and two selections of fruit the wait staff it's horrible too.

I hate reading all negative reviews and rarely ever leave a rating of terrible the crystal dining room definitely earned a terrible rating.

We had 7 people in our group three of which have disabilities. We know that part of their needs is that they need a little more personal space and room to maneuver.
When we were told that we would be seated together I expected a large table. When we arrived to find a small round table I asked if we could be seated at two separate tables in the otherwise empty dining room at 8 a.m. on a Wednesday. Linda, the lead person in charge of the dining room refused to sit us at Separate Tables. She insisted that "she can fit 8 people at that table so we should be fine"

I wanted to confirm with my mother, as she knows what they need best,if the table would in fact be fine. Instead of allowing my mother to answer the question Linda interrupted again letting me know that the table was fine. I addressed Linda letting her know that while the table may typically fit 8 people we had some special needs and I wanted to make sure it was comfortable for our needs.
My mother didn't want to argue so she said the table would be fine. Linda really had no need to say anything after that. She especially didn't need to walk away with the snarky remark of see I told you it would be fine.

We had to ask multiple times for the orange juice we ordered. It came warm and at the end of our meal. Our waters were never refilled. At $17 a person I would have expected much better food and at any price I would expect much better service.

1  Thank Heather D