“Just Average Food and Service”
Review of Restaurant Fe

Restaurant Fe
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2018

We ate lunch of pizza at Fe in the area across the path from the original Fe and had an average meal with average service. The pizza was fresh fired in a pizza oven and was ok, but nothing special. They had some ice cream in the same space and it looked phenomenal, but we didnt try it.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I can’t say that I actually ate here. All I had were the cookies. Everyday. Even took a few for the road. As a baker I’m critical and fussy. These cookies were excellent. Did I only try the chocolate chip?

Reviewed 26 April 2018

A group of 6 of us ate at the restaurant once, it was good, no real complaints. Although they mentioned they offered cooking classes. Paul - the owner- let us know we could cook whatever we wanted, free alcohol and we would get a recipe book of over 20 recipes for 30 US each. When we showed up, we each cut up an individual potato and carrots. That was essentially all of the cooking we did. We watched others cook the meal- which was delicious. We did get unlimited alcohol, the staff was lovely. Although we did not feel we actually got to cook. For paying 30 US each, to only eat food, we could have done that for a lot cheaper. We also did not get a recipe book. The staff said Paul wasn't around and to come back the next day, we did- still no Paul or recipe book. This was incredibly disappointing.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

The first thing that attracted me was that they offered a Full-English Breakfast! In a remote area of Guatemala! Imagine that! I've been a loyal diner at this restaurant for six or seven years. It is my go-to in San Marcos. I have never had a bad meal. The pizzas are great! They have wonderful curries! Great pastas and sauces! Great COLD beer! Paul, the owner, is a really nice man! He's saved me from the fire a time or two! I could not recommend this place more!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Two people were waiting on tables, an employee and someone who looked like the owner, maybe. Neither of them bothered to acknowledge my presents after sitting at my table for over 10-15 mins. Nor did either of them check to see if contact had been made at all. A preamble of what would become a Twilight Zone episode.

So, I made first contact; Got up from my table, walked up to the counter to order and hurry up the process. Apologies were given, very friendly. I'm patient, so, it didn't bother me... yet.

I ordered pizza, salad, and a glass of wine. It was all very tasty, well made. I don't think you can get a better pizza in San Marcos. Other dishes I saw on other tables looked equally as appetizing and nicely presented. Tables had candles, the lighting was low, there was a live so-so singer/songwriter playing. Nice ambiance.

At the end of my first glass of wine. I spent 10 minutes trying to get the attention of the servers. It was impossible. Almost as if I was invisible and they were going out of there way not to look up (blinders on). I wasn't stoned at the time, but, they might have been. Jeeeeezzzz. Finally, my server noticed me waving my hands back and forth. He came, I ordered.

Then, after 15 minutes, I realized the waiter forgot all about my glass of wine. I waited a little longer... and watched. Yep, he spaced it. So, I had to flag him down again.

I'd give Restaurant Fe 2 points for the spaced-out service, but, the food was good and the ambiance was relaxing. So, I'll give it a 3. I'm glad I was in San Marcos, I wasn't in a hurry. LOL!