“Bento Box Lunch is yum!”

Umami Sushi Lounge & Grill Fusion
Ranked #22 of 250 Restaurants in Conway
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: At Umami, we are a family business with a big vision. Our goal is for our customers to experience quality, freshly prepared delicacies that not only satisfy hunger but enhance their knowledge of fine food. Our selections are personally designed to give a full range of flavors which are paired together to enhance each dining experience. We pride ourselves in our customer service and attention to detail.
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I frequently visit Umami. Lunch time - get a bento box with fried rice. It's a good deal. I also like sushi, but am new to it. Tony was very nice to teach me about it and was willing to make me a sushi roll just like I wanted even though it wasn't on menu.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

One of the nicer places I have been in Conway. I do hope they can keep up the quality and service. Went here for mine and my husbands Anniversary and been back a few times for special occasions. Friendly staff, great food and a pretty atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

Another example of an Asian fusion restaurant trying too hard to be trendy. Decor and hipster staff fit the bill, but when it comes to service its amateur hour.

And hour would be appropriate because that's how long it'll take to eat here even when they are not busy. The menu is unclear and the waitstaff is clueless to explain it.

Portions are small, and an entree alone will not make for a full meal. The sushi and sashimi was a bit suspect and served room temperature. Hot stone beef was perhaps 5 ounces and has no accompanying sides.

Management acted as if doing a favor by taking an app off our bill when it took forever and was returned as it came with the entrees.

In general the staff was unfriendly and had a dour attutude. It seemed customers were an inconvenience that got in the way of all the restaurant busywork they were doing.

Will not return.

2  Thank Jim G
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Let me start off by saying I did not have the sushi. Went here only as a team dinner for work. The appetizers were pretty good - the fire bang shrimp were tasty, as were the calimari and shrimp tempura. For dinner I had the shrimp pad thai - not the best I've ever had, but certainly not the worst.

My teammates really enjoyed the sushi.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

When I lived in Conway and every time I return I usually end up eating here two or thee times. Everything is usually very fresh and the chefs there are top notch.