“Perfect venue, delicious food and excellent service”
Review of The Smithy's Forge

The Smithy's Forge
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Brownhills
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing meal with the whole family. Service was exceptional too. The young lady was wonderful tending to my allergen needs and really made the children welcome with colouring packs. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Myself and family have visited on a few occasions and always been happy with meal. Good service and friendly staff. Good selection on the menus too

1  Thank natasham27
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I found it bizarre to read the negative reviews for this place. I have been here so many times over the years and have no complaints. Yeah, sometimes it's quite busy and sometimes it might take a little longer for your food to come out, but that's the case everywhere. Usually, when I go, it is fairly quiet and so I have had no issues.

The food is your standard Sizzling Pub affair. The steaks and mixed grill are all delicious and cooked nicely. The staff have always been very pleasant and chatty when I've been there.

The pub itself has been refurbished since I was last there. It was a bit overdue as the chairs had been falling apart for some time. It all looks so much nicer now though. It looks more welcoming from the moment you walk in, and I will continue to enjoy having lovely lunches here.

1  Thank Marc H
Reviewed 2 March 2018

The Smithy's Forge was recommended as a great place to eat, reasonable prices and friendly service. On a positive note the meals featured on the menu appear good value for money. We chose the meal deals , At the bar I asked who I assume was the manager as she was not in uniform- if it was okay to order here.? She answered without a hint of a 'smile 'yes someone will be along. As no one came, she took our order maintaining the same glum expression - We all commented on how sullen and unwelcoming she was. The starters were good, main meal was unappetising with new potatoes full of little black eyes , dessert okay. The poor waitress was run off her feet, so service was slow. I asked for milk in my coffee and was handed a bottle of milk to pour my own. I asked the waitress for some mayonnaise and was told to get some sachets from the bar, I didn't bother. Will not return or recommend . To the lady who took our order - I know she will respond to my review . 'Why couldn't you smile' it costs nothing and means a lot.

1  Thank gretagarbo_10
Reviewed 16 February 2018

second visit in 2 weeks, so must like it. Order was taken by a friendly efficiant lady, might have been Manageress. food arrived quickly, My husband enjoyed the Mexican skillet. Very tasty, he did say he would have prefered the tortilas to be served separate rather than on top, but thats just his choice.

1  Thank Pauline975