“The rib and Tri-tip combo is delicious”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #35 of 288 Restaurants in Yuma
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Black Bear Diner, founded in 1995, is a fast-growing, community-oriented, family dining concept that offers a one-of-a-kind experience in a fun, bear-themed atmosphere. Black Bear Diner was born from a desire to bring home-style comfort food classics and personal service back to the dining experience. The brand is strategically growing its national footprint, with a goal of 100 locations by 2018.
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Lots of "comfort" food. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. I didn't fell like the usual breakfast or chicken dinners, and the Ribs and Tri-tip combo hit the spot. There was so much food that we didn't have room the any pie!

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Had never heard of this brand before but looked very inviting outside with the wooden bears! Very friendly wait staff. Our dinners were huge and I had enough on my plate for 2 people easily. Fat too much for me to eat so ended up giving husband half of my turkey. Would go again if in area.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

A group of us had Lunch at the Black Bear in Yuma and it was good old fashion home cook in. The service was a bit slow due to the full house, but the wait was worth it. The portions are large and price is low. Food quality is great!

Reviewed 5 August 2018

My wife and I had breakfast at the Black Bear in Tucson and had a good meal. I was in Yuma with our daughter and grandson, and the first night we tried the Black Bear for dinner.

The atmosphere was nice if not a tad over done. We were seated right away and our beverages came quickly.

My grandson ordered the ribs, my daughter and I ordered the tri-tip platter with corn. We specifically asked the server what the vegetable choices were? He said corn or french green beans. He repeated the order but never wrote it down.

My grandson’s rib plate arrived as ordered. My daughter and I were then served tri-tip combos with ribs instead of the tri-tip plates, when we questioned him about it he said “I thought that was what you ordered”.This is what happens when orders are not written down. The corn was actually mixed vegetables which we never would have ordered.

As far as the food itself the try-tip was not as good as expected and the bbq sauce on the ribs was very sweet. The “corn” and the rest of the meal was a disappointment.

A friend of ours had told us that they had had a bad experience in this restaurant, but I thought that we should see for ourselves. The diner was celebrating their first year and if they want to celebrate their second year they have work to do.

The only bright point of our visit was the gal at the cash register who may have been management. She was very professional and did everything she could to accommodate me. I told her that we had enjoyed our breakfast in Tucson but I doubted that I would ever come back into the Yuma location.

I told her that the server needed to go back to “server school” and learn to accurately answer questions and write the order down. In my experience when a server dose not write the order down there is a high probability that they will screw something up, unless they have an exceptionally good memory.

denisejohnson2016, Guest Relations Manager at Black Bear Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

We're so sorry to hear that. It is very important to us that every Black Bear Diner customer feels happy with our food & service. We'd love to address this directly with you. If you wouldn't mind taking the time, please email us at: info@blackbeardiner.com and let us know some details about your experience, and we'll make sure a manager gets in touch right away!

Reviewed 2 August 2018

when seated promptly, why does it take 30 minutes to get food, a burger basket? not busy at all, waitress was nice, but food took forever....is it here yet?

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!