All reviewssanta cruzwake uphigher standardlake atitlancreepy crawliescleaned dailylush gardenschickenspidersdockviewsguatemalavillagebungalowshorepanayoga
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Nice location right off the pier on the left. We booked through booking.com and were charged an additional 22% making the room more expensive then we were planning for. Our shower barely drained in room B3 so we didn’t use it. Dinner was delicious it’s a set menu but worth it. I wish we would’ve stayed at Free Cerveza they had a great vibe, yoga and wonderful bbq but we are young so maybe not great for families or an older crowd.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngelaC5667
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Can't speak for the hotel, but the restaurant (which does not appear under TA's restaurants listings) provided a fine meal and service last night. Two prix fixe choices, filet mignon dinner for Q100 and chicken for Q90. Decent wine, a Chilean Cab.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We reserved 2 rooms for 2 couples. When we arrived there was hot water in one room and the toilet didn't flush in the other. The towels in both rooms were dirty and even though we asked, replacement towels never came. The room with no hot water also had a leaky pipe, a hole in the door to allow in swarms of mosquitos, and big spiders crawling around. After cramming into the one room to take all our showers, we went to get dinner but said that we had to let the front desk know before 5pm. We were escorted to our rooms after 5pm and told to order dinner at the front desk if we were interested (no time mentioned). This also meant would couldn't use the wifi because it is only free if you eat at the hotel's restaurant. To top it all off, there was no one who spoke english around after 7pm to talk to about all of our issues and check out in the morning took 25 minutes. I emailed to follow up about our issues 3 times in the last 3 weeks but got no response.

All of this should make it clear that the hotel is poorly run and doesn't seem to care much about working to improve the experience of its guests once they have arrived. The rooms are were also not clean, so I would recommend La Iguana Perdida right across the street because they were very helpful when I went there with questions and looking for food and it seemed like a great atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Very nice location of the object, beautiful view of the lake and volcanoes, nice garden. Very tasty food. Helpful staff. The standard of the room is typically Guatemala, meaning the average. Overall positive impression, good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I have been to lake Atitlan and Santa Cruz a number of times now. I used to really love this place.

It's a bit pricy for what it is, but in the context of it being on a lake shore, with the view etc, I was always willing to splurge a bit and eat here.

This time I was back with my extended family for 2 weeks. We ate there four or five times, dropped quite a bit of money on their establishment. Happily because it's a fun place to eat.

There's definitely rules there. After visiting multiple times to eat (and they did recognize us) they did something I consider odd.

They charged my father in law and myself to use the restroom when we were passing by. I guess if it's your rule it's your rule. I own a shop, and I usually try to be nice and let even people who haven't spent money use the restroom, because then they feel positively about my establishment and come back and spend money. But after spending in excess of 300 USD at this place it kind of feels like a slap in the face to be charged for the bathroom because we are not eating there this time.

Laguna Lodge down the road has a nicer view, and better service. If you are going to spend a decent chunk of change, my advice at this point is to spend 10% more and go have a really nice meal that comes without the side of attitude.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Tours-atitlan, General Manager at Hotel el Arca de Noe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi, thank you much for your review and we apologize for the issue at our hotel & restaurant.

In most cases we have lots of people passing by at our restaurant to use the facilities only. In your situation you should at least say hi and ask for permission to use our bathrooms facilities and we would had recognize you and did not have to bother. I would say your attitude was not acceptable the way you treated our hotel staff.

Sorry we will be careful with our prospective clients, and be more respectful.