All reviews family style hot tub long table lake atitlan other guests nooks and crannies beautiful hotel incredible views only accessible by boat opportunity to meet room number private balcony shared bathroom the food is great santa cruz enjoy the view unique place
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Casa del Mundo is the perfect spot from which to enjoy Lake Atitlan. Bedrooms and restaurant have fabulous views over the lake which can be enjoyed from hammocks slung outside the rooms or In numerous spots by the lake. The water is cool and refreshing. The food is very good and substantial portions. You certainly won’t go hungry. The communal seating arrangements for the evening meal work really well here. The guests when we stayed were varied ages, nationalities and occupations and we had very interesting conversations which went well beyond the usual parameters of swapping itineraries. Staff were invariably friendly and helpful. My only suggestion would be that it might be worth trying to remove some of the slippery algae on the submerged terraces by the lake which make getting in and out rather hazardous.

Room Tip: room 11 had beautiful views and felt very private
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times - the views here are stunning! This hotel is located right on a cliff top on Lake Atitlan and is only accessible by boat. It's a short boat ride from Panajachel to the hotel. When you arrive at the hotel there is a walk from the dock to the hotel - uphill about 200 or so steps. The hotel is beautifully landscaped all around with lots of quiet spaces. The rooms here are decorated with beautiful Guatemalan paintings, fabrics and ceramic. Each room is unique and cozy. Food here is good - dinner is served communal style so its a nice way to meet some of the other guests. Staff was very friendly

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2018

I was searching a place to stay at Pana but when I saw the photos and reviews of Casa del Mundo on TripAdvisor, I was sold. Stayed here for 3 nights mid-March and had an unforgettable experience. The best of all is the view directly facing volcanoes. The sunrise and sunset are stunning. I had one of the most stunning sunrises I have seen, truly magnificent. The rooms are clean and cosy. I stayed in 3 rooms for my 3 nights (Spring break time). Room 17 and Room 1 both have great views. The hotel is built on a clifftop so there are many steps to climb which doesn't bother me. I was little bit disappointed with the food as I would like to have more local foods. But communal dinner is a great idea. I met some nice interesting people there. The management is very quick in responding my email questions before I arrive. So overall I like this place a lot which made my Lake Atitlan stay very special!

Room Tip: Room 1 has a small balcony directly facing the volcanoes. Room 17 has a side balcony you can see the volcanoes. Both are very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2018

I stayed for a week at La Casa del Mundo and the whole experience was out of this world!! From the breath-taking location on Lake Atitlan opposite the volcanoes to the gorgeously decorated rooms, the beautiful landscaping throughout the property, the delicious food, the on-site kayaks, the attentive staff and the resident cats, this place is amazing. I could have stayed for months...

Room Tip: Check the hotel website where you can request a specific room - some have a lot of steps to climb!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Our second time here within the past few years, at this exceptional beautifully located and well-maintained place. A lot has been done to keep the place in good shape since our last visit, and everything is very neat and clean. There are plenty of places to hang out and enjoy the views, or go swimming, so even if the place is full, you propably will find a quiet spot. What is really, but really disturbing, like or dislike the family-style dinners, but if you ask for a little more food, you have to pay extra!! (For example, 30Q for a small bowl of extra soup) In my opinion, this gives the customer just the impression this is a greedy place. I would be more generous, as not too many guests will ask for extra food anyway. At breakfast: the same, we were given 1 (!!) piece of toast (which was delicious) and extra bread costs extra too! This was a little disturbing for us. All the other aspects are truly awesome at this place, friendly staff, great food, out-of-this-world locations of the cabanas/rooms and restaurant.
We will definitely be back and hope for the management to be a little bit more accommodating towards people who are more hungry than others.

Stayed: February 2018