Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$110
PricelineUS$110
Expedia.comUS$110
TravelocityUS$110
CheapTicketsUS$110
Orbitz.comUS$110
All reviews the river cano island maintenance guy fish dive sites free kayaks san jose dive instructor corcovado park scarlet macaws hour boat ride each meal air conditioned remote location wilson sierpe primo
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2021

I visited Drake Bay in March 2021 and went to Pirate Cove hôtel dive center to dive in Caño island ! It was a very good experience, staff was super friendly and their equipment was perfect too. I personally recommend Ana, our dive instructor. She was very friendly, helpful and professional !

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Estellemethens1
Reviewed 14 February 2021

This was my first but not last visit -I live in Costa Rica. We went a little upscale to keep from being too hot, & it was well worth it - we're in our active 60's. They have some books & free kayaks. The river that empties into Drake Bay here provides some fascinating looks at tidal changes & the beach is beautiful. All the cabins are shaded & there's plenty of birds.

Room tip: We were very pleased with #8, a bit away from the main area.
Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 25 January 2021

Great diving leader on the Caño Island tour dive. Very relaxed and professional with sufficient instruction. I recommend Anna. The tour was great although for the money you spend, the ‘free lunch’ was a little poor in my opinion. Whilst I don’t expect lobster as a main course, I would expect a bit better than a bowl of spaghetti. When you offer something as part of the tour, you should still take these things into account in my opinion.

All that being said, the tour was fantastic and well organised!

Thanks again!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ChristopherP1016
Reviewed 22 January 2021 via mobile

We planned to stay 3 nights, but then decided to prolong due to the quality of the hotel and the many activities we intended doing. The hotel is super clean, there is coffee always ready for you. The staff is super nice and supportive. We were diving with the crew directly connected to the hotel and loved it. The location is great, not too close to the village center. We'll stay there again the next time we come - that's for sure.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2021

Me and 3 friends spent one night in one of their bungalows, sleeping with the waves sound is super relaxing. Comfortables beds, fresh rooms, and delicius breakfast. Clean pool, and excelente service in general. Also a very good location.

Date of stay: December 2020