“Surfing and so much more!”

Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are proud supporters of 1% for the Planet, Surf rider Foundation, and Sea Shepherd. Our instructors are certified by the ISA , Costa Rican Lifeguard Association, and are all avid surfers from around the globe. We will turn you from a "never ever" to an "intermediate" surfer by the time you leave our surf camp! If you are in intermediate surfer we will transport you to different surf locations where we will work on all aspects surfing point breaks to big beach break. Not only will we teach you everything you need to know about surfing we will show you around Costa Rica and make sure you experience this jungle paradise! Drop us an email to discuss booking a surf lesson or joining our surf camp.
Reviewed 11 February 2012

My son's 21 and 24 were thrilled with the progress they made with just 2 days os surf lessons. Dylan is an awesome teacher, and a very Inspring person. Dylan took care of all of our reservations, including, car, hotel, tours and even a massage therapist! We loved it all can't wait to go back!

Jewels

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Have been to costa rica close to ten times and have had many different surf lessons. Nothing compared to Dylan and his instructor crew at Sunset Surf. Even my sever year old niece was riding waves on the first try. Great instructor. Great guy. Great atmosphere. Great Crew. Awesome time. Nothing left to say. Check it out

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I HIGHLY recommend Sunset Surf Dominical. I was in Dominical at the end of December 2011 and decided to try surfing for the first time. Dylan was an awesome instructor. He's so professional and it's obvious that he really knows what he's doing. He made me feel really safe, I learned a lot in a short amount of time (I was able to stand up on my board only after a couple of tries), and had SO much fun! The experience was so great that I've decided to take up surfing now that I'm back home :)

Reviewed 9 February 2012

I was in the Dominical area recently with my wife and son and a group of friends. Our local hosts recommended contacting Sunset Surf for surfing lessons. I'd took several lessons over the week. I'm new to the sport but Dylan and crew got me on the board in no time and had me making steady progress with each lesson. They supplied surf boards and rash guards, and throughly covered proper techniques and safety. My only regret was not being able stay longer. Terrific experience!

Reviewed 31 January 2012

A big group of us went down there, and between us we ranged in surfing ability from avid to 1st-timers. The girlfriends had a blast learning how to stand up and playing in the inside lagoon. The surf team there is very fun and cooperative. Then the proprietor, Dylan, took a couple of us out for some good, serious surf where he took video of us that produced an awesome technical review of my surfing technique. After a few days of surf and video review, I could really isolate and deconstruct my strong and week points in my surfing. Dylan is a sound coach, and my performance has seen breakthroughs as a result of Dylan addressing my technique over some beer and video when we were back on land. Besides the great surfing experience for all, Dylan shares his wealth of information for how to maximize our experience in Dominical. He had directed us to some fantastic activities while the surf was flat, and knows all the good places to eat and have fun. Good times.