“Dinner”

Ranked #23 of 47 Restaurants in Dominical
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Costa Rican, International, Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: El Rancho restaurant & bar at Hotel Villas Rio Mar is considered one of the best places to eat in the area of Dominical and Uvita. The menu offers a great selection of international dishes and local specialties. Enjoy the quality food with a good glass of wine; the wine list is quite extensive and contains some nice wines that are rare to find in Costa Rica. You can also Bring Your Own Wine! Wine is expensive in Costa Rica; also for Restaurants! This makes wine in restaurants very expensive. El Rancho Restaurant at Hotel Villas Rio Mar in Dominical offers some great dishes that get even better when having a good glass of wine with it. We saw the problem and found the solution; just bring your own bottle of wine! The restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. The menu also includes tasty appetizers and special dishes for kids and vegetarians. Also quality espresso and cappuccino coffee is served. El Rancho restaurant at Hotel Villas Rio Mar is open to the public 365 days a year from 7 am to 9:30 pm. Socialize with family & friends, meet new people or cheer for your favorite team at our cozy bar. You can also enjoy an ice cold beer during a game of billiards, foosball or darts. Besides a selection of soft drinks, beers, wines and spirits, the bar offers wonderful cocktails & smoothies. You can also order a drink at our pool bar while having a refreshing swim in the large pool. Something to celebrate? Hotel Villas Rio Mar is the perfect place in the area of Dominical and Uvita to host private events as: birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, dinner parties, wedding receptions and parties. Hotel Villas Rio Mar in Dominical also provides a fully equipped conference room and is the perfect location in the South Pacific for your business meetings & events.
Reviewed 23 April 2015

The breakfast buffet was great. Dinner could have been better. It seemed like when they are busy they have a buffet only. The buffet isn't bad but didn't really want what was on it. Staff is friendly and quick for Costa Rica standards.

Reviewed 28 February 2015

We returned to El Rancho because we had enjoyed the food here in 2014 and thought we would give it another try. The road along the Baru River has not improved, but that added to the adventure of the evening. We were greeted upon arrival and were quickly seated in the restaurant. It was busier than last year, but the service was excellent and quick. We ordered drinks and both enjoyed our drinks (my husband a beer and I a lovely Mango Daiquiri). I ordered passion fruit grilled chicken which as served over very flavourful mashed potatoes with some grilled or sautéed veggies. My husband had a pork with a black berry sauce. Both our meals were flavourful and beautifully presented. We were pleased with our meals and wondered why we hadn't come here sooner. The serving staff were very helpful and we also got water and fresh buns at the beginning of the meal. I mention this because at some of the places where we have eaten in Dominical area, you can ask for a glass of cold tap water but it doesn't mean you get it, so when I do - I always am happier....

Reviewed 21 February 2015 via mobile

The service was amazingly great! Our waitress was great, and I hate to write this review but we are in Dominical for only three nights its a shame we wasted one dinner with crappy overpriced food. Half our table order the Argentinian churrasco, but we didn't get a churrasco I'm pretty sure they served us pork. It was pink hard to chew. The plate was small an overpriced.

Reviewed 8 January 2015

Four of us had dinner here in December 2014. It was a Sunday and a little later in the evening...around 7:00 pm. There were a reasonable number of diners in the restaurant when we arrived but not crowded. We were seated right away and had good service all during our dinner. I followed the advice or our waiter who recommended the evening's special, a flank steak served as a 3-course meal with a glass of wine. My dining companions ordered fish, a salad and a hamburger respectively. My steak was not well prepared...over done, tough and relatively tasteless. (I guess a good steak in CR is a rarity.) All three meat dishes came with a huge mound of garlic mashed potatoes. My desert was a glass of cold coffee with a custard cream on top....not very satisfying. My friends seemed to enjoy their dinners more than I did. While I can't recommend this restaurant, it was nice to try somewhere new and I would go back again but would definitely avoid their steak (and probably any "special" they offered.)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

getting a full sized plane on the mountain had to be a quite a feat! Good food! Can't wait until they get the airplane completed.

1  Thank Julie S