“Wonderful and Cold”

Joe's Italian Ice & Ice Cream
Ranked #10 of 27 Dessert in Tempe
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We have been here numerous times over this last year. I have not found a single flavor that I didn't love. Last time we got a Peachy Keen and Salted Caramel. So wonderful, I have a really happy mouth.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 27 June 2016

My friend and I ducked into Joe's Ices one day when the temperature was over 90 degrees and, man, did we have a good experience!

Joe's has handmade ices and ice cream of dozens of different flavors; there are some that are always on the menu, and some that change daily or weekly, depending on the maker's whims and creativity. But after trying a total of ten different flavors (they're very sweet about letting you sample the wares), we can tell you that there's not a bad choice to be made.

Both the ice and the ice cream that I chose (double-dip order) were soft, creamy, and oh-so-delectable! We ate indoors and admired Joe's decor; they have some really neat memorabilia from the mid-twentieth century, and we enjoyed our virtual trip down memory lane with some of them.

The server (I've unfortunately forgotten his name) was wonderful, explaining Joe's selections and offering us tips on choosing samples based on our flavor preferences. He was extremely hospitable and seemed genuinely interested in making sure we thoroughly enjoyed our visit--and our ice cream!

My friend went back the next week and picked up a quart of mango sorbet for her sister's sore throat; she wanted to be sure I include her response in this review--"perfect!" and "just what I needed!"

Especially in the desert heat, it's a trip to heaven to visit Joe's. We'll be back again soon!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Joe's is my favorite go to for a sweet treat! Also the decor is very fun! My favorite is the wild cherry Joelatti! I brought my nephew here tonight, and he enjoyed trying out a few different flavors. Sandra, showed incredible patience and amazing customer service! I will highly recommend to all my friend and family!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 2 December 2015

Friends brought us here they will let you try anything before you buy I love the peanut butter cup no fat no cholesterol

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 14 November 2015

This is not the first time that I have been in here. It is located across the street from Ted's Hot Dogs in Tempe. We actually have about a 25 minute drive to get to this place but it is really good. Reminds me of the Italian Ices that we got back in New York. It does not look like they serve any food items, but they also have ice cream treats. Everything looks great and it is a VERY CLEAN place. Service is Excellent and you are greeted as soon as you walk into the place by very nice, professional staff. I would recommend it to anyone that is in the area to try it. Like I said, we drive at least 25 minutes to get there. Fantastic!!!

Date of visit: November 2015