See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Dollar for dollar, this motel is a solid value. The “newer” owners have carefully and thoughtfully taken the reigns of this old place. They’ve given it a good cleaning, painted it lovingly, and kept the price point very reasonable. You will get what you paid for, and nothing more. No frills, no restaurant, no pool, etc. Fortunately, I only needed just exactly what they offer - a comfortable bed and peace and quiet. The couple who owns the motel are super nice with a cute-as-heck little son who was there with Mom to greet us a check-in. Don’t expect too much, but know you are not going to regret a short stay here. In fact, it’s retro cool vibe is right out of the year 1950. Well done, as an independently owned and operated motel should do!!!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tommy_Tree2014
Ketan B, Owner at The Western Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thanks for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We paid US$107.00 for a two night stay (taxes included) at the Western Motel. The motel is a one-story complex with 25 units. Our room had two double beds, with an old fashioned TV, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker and a microwave oven. The room was clean but a bit small. The shower had hot and cold water; there was some hammering that could be heard from outside the room, but otherwise our stay was great. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: February 2018

We're so glad that you enjoyed your experience! Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I had a good experience. I was concerned about noise, so the hotel being on a single level was definitely a plus: no one above or below to disturb you. One only had to worry about those on both sides. As it turned out, I didn't have any one on the sides, so I was not disturbed by other guests. The management was smart enough to space the guests to make this happen. The bed was comfortable and there was cable tv and free wifi. The room had a microwave, small refrigerator and a small table and two chairs and was air conditioned. A number of fast food outlets were within walking distance. Management was extremely friendly.

Room tip: I would imagine rooms further away from the street would be quieter.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Ketan B, Manager at The Western Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Hello Michael H.,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay this will serve as encouragement, as we at The Western Motel Sierra Vista, AZ, strive to continuously improve our guest experience, Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

The Western Motel

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Because of my hubby's condition we needed somewhere for him to crawl into his skin and hide without interruption. I cannot do stairs so this was perfect. If all you need in Sierra Vista is a clean bed and bath this is the place to stay. Old, staid and comfortable. Manager was a happy soul and housekeeping was brilliant. (forgot to leave a tip for housekeeping but I will be mailing it in a card tomorrow) We are old school and this motel was just what a tired soul needed. KUDOS to all who have a hand in managing this place. Thank you.

Room tip: Non smoking rooms are in the back so there is little noise from what little traffic there is at night.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TheWesternMotel, Manager at The Western Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

The Western Motel

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I am pretty easy to please. I don't care if the tv is analog, or the room is small or dated. Cheap hotels are generally cheap for a reason. If you want a resort, you won't get it cheap. My expectations are pretty low. Honestly, I really want to give a good review, but I can't. If a hotel says there are no refunds when you pay, there is generally a good reason. But I arrived late, tired and decided it was ok enough to stay one night. The good points are that the staff is friendly and helpful. They warn you about the no refund policy and suggest you see the room before you pay. The room has all the things you need, refrigerator, microwave etc. The air is quiet and works well. Wifi works well. Sadly, the room needed more help that I realized. I am not picky, yet it was dirty enough that I would not sit on the chair. The table wobbled too much for me to eat on it. The floor in the bathroom looked like it needed scrubbing. If there were no other cheap hotels in the city, I would come back and give it another chance. But two blocks down the road is another cheap hotel. Sorry, I would pass this one by and go further down the road.

Room tip: look at the room carefully before paying
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
TheWesternMotel, Manager at The Western Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback expressing the problems you encountered during your stay at the establishment. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. We take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.