“Thai food extraordinaire!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 16 May 2018

What a gem! So happy it was recommended. Love the quinine and their staff is so kind and accommodating that we wanted to go back.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

The dishes have a lot of Thai titles, but you can't go wrong with the red curry. Creamy, not too hot, with onions, carrots, and a meat of your choice. Fantastic.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Intimate place at the south end of Sedona/north end of Oak Creek in a shopping center - easy to miss but worth finding. Good service and food.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Now sharing this review with tripadvisor:

Ambiance: Casual and comfortable with pleasant decorations. Both male and female restrooms were clean with uplifting music in the background.

Food:

First visit: My husband ordered the Pad Se Lew (#52),which was really good to him, and okay to me; I’m used to this dish being more loaded with flavor, but that’s in another state.

I ordered the Tom Ka Gai/Coconut Soup (#17), which was surprisingly the best I had from all the Thai restaurants we’ve been to throughout various states. The perfectly seasoned broth is rich, yet, spicy, creamy, slightly sour and refreshing. The chicken was very lean and tender, but I may try it with tofu next time (if that can be arranged). It’s perfect for the cold winter, but so yummy that I would even have it throughout the year.

Today’s visit: My husband had the Sedona Heatwave Curry (#42), that came with a bowl of rice, and it was very flavorful.

I had the Thai Pasta (with tofu instead of meat), and I enjoyed the unique tasting sauce and flat noodles. Plus, it came with additional veggies not mentioned on the menu---green and red peppers, snow peas, green onions, and carrots (though I don’t care for the latter).

Service:

First visit: A waiter---who was the only server for a while---seemed overwhelmed, and wasn’t able to promptly meet some of the customers’ needs (to include ours).

Solution: Communication is key, and just putting forth the effort to briefly make eye contact with customers and kindly informing them, “I’ll be right with you!” can make a big difference. I trust that most people are understanding. However, when a waiter or waitress goes into avoidance mode, it can make customers feel unwelcome.

Today’s visit: There were two waitresses, and they were professional, observant, prompt and friendly. The waitress named J (that’s exactly what she goes by) was very personable and helpful, and we have no doubt that her sunshine personality alone will attract many customers.

We would recommend this restaurant to interconnected others. We’ve tried another place in Sedona that was decent, but we prefer this one because it's the closest to the authentic Thai food that we’re used to, which is multi-faceted with its combination of taste bud stimulating flavors---spicy, sour, sweet, salty, bitter, creamy, and/or umami.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

We don't usually seek out Thai food, but this place was close to our hotel and it was a great, tasty surprise. Spicy, but not too much so and very flavorful. I'd go again if I'm passing through.

Been to Tara Thai? Share your experiences!