“Charming Midweek Getaway”

Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this intimate, immaculate, accomodating resort. Great location and a staff that demonstrated concern for our comfort throughout our time there. The spa is first rate. We hope that the restaurant on-site will offer more vegan and vegetarian choices on our next visit as we're in that growing minority who voluntarily refrain from eating animal products. Fortunately, the resort is located a very short distance from an excellent organic, gluten-free, vegan restaurant. Other than that, we think this resort is a great value, offering luxury amenities, terrific access to the area, and an atmosphere built around serving the guests. We plan to return often.

Room Tip: Ground floor for easy access and a large patio, upper floors for views, south side faces the street...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,558)

Reviewed 28 June 2012

Talk about the most friendly, considerate, accommodating hotel! The grounds are pristine, as are the rooms. The pool area is inviting and clean. We were fortunate to have one of the spa rooms and it's absolutely amazing! The view of Thunder Mountain, the air jetted tub for two, a comfortable bed, a shower head to die for (I took so many showers there, just to experience the amazing pressure!), plus the room sits above the spa at Sedona Rouge, it was so quiet and intimate, it didn't matter the hotel sits on SR 89A.

REDS restaurant is absolutely a great experience, not only in culinary but the service, second to none!

But, all these accolades mean nothing, without the fabulous staff at the Sedona Rouge... Every single staff member made sure to meet your eyes with respect, and promptly thank us for our patronage of their hotel... I was floored at the show of pride for their property!

Cannot wait to get back and enjoy more of the Sedona Rouge!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your taking time to note your thoughts and comments.

We will look forward to your next stay with us.

Ed Conway
928 340 5304
econway@sedonarouge.com

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The in-room fireplace was a nice touch for our anniversary trip. The rooftop deck with fire pit was a great place for a glass of wine, nice conversation and amazing views of the red rocks at sunset. Take your camera.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My girlfriends and I spent 2 nights and 2 days at Sedona Rouge this June, and had a fabulous time. We bought a deal on Travelzoo, which was an amazing value - hotel for 2 people, daily yoga, daily breakfast, daily apps at the bar, and 2 spa treatments valued at $240 for only $399 total. We arrived in Sedona in the late afternoon, after driving 2 hours from Phoenix, and immediately went to the bar for apps and drinks. We got huge apps to share complimentary during 4 - 6 happy hour. The asian-style tuna was delicious with a peanut sauce and asian salad. I was a bit weary of tuna in Arizona, after all I live in Boston...but it was tasty!

Then, we decided to it the spa for our 6pm appointments, after being very full, and after a lovely massage we headed to the hot tub. Sedona is much cooler than Phoenix at night, so this was great to do at the end of the day, and the pool/hot tub is open late so you can take an evening dip.

That evening we had a pretty tasty dinner at Reds, the restaurant there. Its not fancy by any means, but I think it had decent food and flavors, esp. for a hotel restaurant. And they were very accomodating to our food and drink requests.

The next day, we work up and had a nice stretch at morning yoga, which was fabulous as we practiced outside by the pool in the cool/fresh air. We then headed to a delicious breakfast, complete with cheddar jalapeno french toast, tofu scramble, and lots of yummy egg dishes. We fueled up for our hike at Cathedral Rock, which was beautiful but very hot (reco doing this in the early morning or evening cause its cooler), then back to our hotel for some much needed pool time. The hotel is small and boutique-like, so there is no pool bar, but there was a nice fellow who brought our drinks to the pool, and our appetizers (at happy hour) to the spa right before our appointments. This time, I had a lovely hot stone massage while my friends picked from the VERY extensive spa menu. It was very hard to choose, but we all enjoyed the treatments we picked very much.

I had a great stay at Sedona Rouge. I loved how utterly flexible the staff were, in almost every sense. Whether it was breakfast by the pool, drinks at the spa, extra appetizers at happy hour, they did their best to make us happy. This really benefitted us as we were able to fit in everything into 1 weekend. If I had to do again, I would stay 3 days. Overall, I was always full and wonderfully relaxed at Sedona Rouge...definitely recommended for a girls weekend or couples weekend away.

Room Tip: pick a room on the first floor by the pool so you can snag a patio!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Plahottie
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My parents actually live in Sedona so I had a place to stay. But as the owner a travel agency, I like to check out hotels when I travel so I stayed one night at the Sedona Rouge.

The location of the hotel might be seen by some as a negative as it is not right
in the heart of the three of four block area most people think of when they
refer to Central Sedona. To me, however, the location is a positive. With
Central Sedona just a short drive away, the Sedona Rouge is located in a
convenient spot to drive to the scenic Sedona Airport, the Red Rock Loop with
great views of Cathedral Rock and is on the way from Sedona to the scenic town
of Jerome.

My hotel room had a partial view of the red rocks. It was quiet, tastefully
decorated and very comfortable. I took some time to go to the jacuzzi, although
I did not have time for a spa treatment.

The staff at the hotel was extremely accommodating, polite and helpful.

In a nutshell I would personally highly recommend the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
for my clients and for readers of Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo