“Couple Massage at the Sedona Rouge Spa was very good”

Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 June 2012

What can we say about a couples massage at the spa. Well my wonderful wife and I finally did a couples massage at this beautiful spa in the Sedona Rouge Hotel.My wife is a massage fanatic and this was really my first real massage spa experience. Guys, don't wait as many years as I did. Oh what I have been missing! The staff and facilities were top notch. It was perfect!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gapcmp
Write a ReviewReviews (1,550)

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Lovely oasis of tranquilly. After almost 3,000 miles of touring this was my favorite hotel of the trip. Beautifully appointed rooms, wonderful bathroom amenities, really good staff who know good serve. The pool area was very relaxing and the sap area beyond was very plush.

Over all the rooms were superbly comfortable, excellent shower, the soaps where all hand made I think, we bought some to take home.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank itraveldotocm
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a great massage (I had Bobbi). My friend had a German woman. They both did an excellent job. Of course the price for the massage was outrageous ($120) and I don't think any massage is worth that but I had a gift certificate. I liked the amenities in the spa area as well. They had a steam room, showers, lockers that you create your own code with, toiletries and a small hot tub outside.

We spent the rest of our time at the pool. Drinks were expensive but good and in large cups ($9 for a Blue Hawaiian for example). We ate some chipotle chicken strips with bleu cheese dipping sauce which were good. The bill was quite overwhelming for the pool and the guy added his own 20% tip. The pool area was nice but got a little crowded after a while. They had nice chairs and umbrellas. We spent more time there than we thought, but were having a good time and weren't in a rush to do much else.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank hotrodgurl
Reviewed 8 June 2012

When we need a quick escape from the Valley, we like to come to Sedona. We have stayed at the Sedona Rouge several times.

We usually come up in the Summer - off season - and so we get really smokin' deals through the webpage or through Groupon. We have never actually paid the full price - and I doubt we would.

It is next door to a Safeway, and a really god deli - I see both of those as positives.

The rooms are really comfortable. I like the beds. The decor is colorful and fresh. It is peaceful - not a place for little kids. I like this it, and will return.

Room Tip: Each time we have stayed in a different style room. The rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor have wonderfu...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AZwanderlust
Reviewed 6 June 2012

This was our first trip out to Sedona and we didn't know where to stay. After researching and reading several reviews on the internet, we decided to give the Sedona Rouge a try. We stayed there for 3 days in May. Over all, we enjoyed our stay at the Sedona Rouge.The lobby has a Zen-like appeal with running fountains.Behind the hotel you have a view of some of the famous Sedona red rocks. But judging from its location, the Sedona Rouge must have been a motel in its previous lifetime and has been given an extensive face lift. The room was very clean and very comfortable with a lovely large bathroom complete with a shower fit for two ;) However, our third floor room came with a view of the parking lot and the busy route 89A. I was not impressed with the roof top deck for viewing the stars at night. The glare coming from the Safeway sign next door interfered with that. Location means a lot. And in this case, it wasn't a plus. However, The Spa was lovely but services a bit "over priced".

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a view of the red rocks.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple