“Worth the Groupon”

Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We had the $498 Groupon for 3 nights, a couples massage, a bottle of wine, and $25 per day at Reds Restaurant. Well worth the money! The massage alone was $235 making the room less then $100 a night. Our room was a 3rd floor corner with floor to ceiling windows on two sides and red rock views. Very clean, huge shower with dual shower heads. Nice pool and patio area, great restaurant, nice fitness room, no complaints. Would stay here again and I have been to Sedona several times. Just be aware, it is a "hotel" not a resort. The spa is nice and comfortable, but you don't get the lush expansive feel of a resort.

Room Tip: 3rd floor corner with red rock view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie_KDanbury
Write a ReviewReviews (1,559)

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I had high expectations of Sedona Rouge after having done my research on travel sites like tripadvisor. For the most part, I was pleased with my four-day stay at the end of May. Though my third-floor room had a direct view of a construction site complete with bright yellow tractors, I could also see some of a red-rock formation from the small balcony outside of the well-appointed bedroom. While on the balcony, I could hear the traffic from the route 89A in front of the hotel, though that noise was for the most part faint. Almost all of the noise was drowned out by the air conditioning unit. The facilities at the hotel are uniformly high-quality; these include the room (with a very nice glassed-in shower with two heads), the spacious and high-ceilinged lobby complete with fountain, the Spa (wonderful for a hot-stone massage!), and the on-site restaurant, Reds. The ambience and food at Reds were superior; the service on each of my two dinner visits was, however, perfunctory, with wait staff less than engaging. The hotel's proximity to the highway, while close, made the hotel's location handy and within walking distance of several restaurants in a range of cuisines. While I had called ahead more than a week in advance to get a room facing directly onto the red rocks, I was disappointed by my room's location. I would recommend Sedona Rouge (and already have recommended it to friend from Tucson), but recommend trying to get a 'room with a view' and no highway noise.

Room Tip: As I noted above, I had called ahead more than a week in advance to get a room facing directly onto...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DCKev
Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights. We arrived and liked the hotel immediately. The decor and water fountains were nice. We were checked in with friendly greeting. Our room was very clean and had nice ammenities. The bathroom had double shower and is huge. Our bed was super cozy and soft. Usually we can't sleep at hotels but this was an exception. Nice flat screen and nice big mirror in room. We ate at Reds for convenience and really liked it as well. We would have liked a room with a view maybe next time. Good convenient area. We will def be back. Sedona was majestic.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Chad P
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Absolutely loved the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa! The staff was helpful and friendly at every turn. The property itself is lovely and initimate - very un-hotel like - not stuffy or cold or impersonal. The guest room was spacious and comfortable and the bed was heavenly. Large bathroom too! The only negative (which is minimal) is that the balcony is too small to sit outside. In such a peaceful place, I would have liked to be able to have morning coffee on my private balcony. There is an outdoor observation deck but sometimes you just want to step outside your door in your jammies!!
I also experienced the Sedona Rouge Spa. All I can say is WOW! A completely zen experience! My masseuse, Allen, was incredible - one of the best massages I have had (and as a spa connoisseur I have had many!). This massage was also enhance by one of the most peaceful spa atmospheres ever. An outdoor private jacuzzi (men and women each have their own jacuzzis), a meditation/waiting area that I didnt want to leave and friendly, attentive staff were delicious icing on an amazing cake!

Room Tip: Not sure there are any bad rooms but as a general rule, I always prefer a room above the first floor...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jasdda
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I visited Sedona Rouge at the end of April, 2012 as a getaway from our 2 young children at home. This hotel met all of our wish list items: On site spa, upgraded rooms, room service and cocktail service at the pool.

The best part of Sedona Rouge is the personalized service. EVERYONE was kind, thoughtful, and genuinely interested in making sure that our stay was amazing. From the front desk staff to the maintenance staff to the bar/restaurant staff to the cocktail service at the pool (Megan rocks!)to the spa staff, we always felt well-cared for as guests. Most importantly to us, was the extremely knowledgeable and perceptive concierge. It's been a few weeks now and I'm embarassed that I've forgotten her name (Debbie seems to ring a bell), but she absolutely guided us to having the best Red Rock adventure! She booked us creekside lunch reservations at L' Auberge (amazing), informed us about hiking Cathedral Rock and Chapel on the Hill, as well as, taking a day trip to Jerome, AZ. With her guidance we enjoyed secluded sunset vistas and sunrise hikes with no crowds...so peaceful and we never needed a pink jeep!

Don't be turned away by the proximity to the highway, it's actually really convenient to so much of Sedona. We followed others' advice and booked a 3rd floor room facing Thunder Mountain, which was beautiful. Safeway being across the street was also a convenient feature.

Lastly, the robes they provide are so luxuriously soft and the chilled water with sliced oranges/lemons/cucumbers/limes offered in decanters throughout the property was refreshing any time of the day.

I highly recommended this quaint resort in the heart of Sedona!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Thunder Mountain would be the quietest. If you love being close to the pool, some of t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple