“Romantic Dinner”

Rene at Tlaquepaque
Reserve with OpenTable
Rene at Tlaquepaque is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 210 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: Southwestern, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sedona Restaurant RENE at Tlaquepaque has been the home of casual fine dining for more than thirty nine years and is still winning awards. Diners appreciate the relaxed fine dining ambiance, attentive and pleasant service, and of course, outstanding food and wines. Locals, tourists and celebrities have made RENE a favorite for lunch and dinner. Make your visit to Sedona special ... Dine with us at RENE, fine food in casual elegant surroundings in Tlaquepaque
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Had a great dinner at this long-time Sedona establishment. French Onion soup was great. Lamb was superb.

1  Thank Alanhimmelstein
Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed 14 December 2015

After a fabulous lunch at Rene’s that impressed us with both food and service, we looked at the Thanksgiving menu and decided to make a reservation on the spot. It was simply tremendous. Before the meal started we were served an amazing amuse bouche of a corn cake with herbed butter. I chose the salad for my starter and the dried cranberries and nuts added a bit of seasonal flair to the fresh greens. My husband had the pumpkin soup and although he’s not usually a fan of pumpkin this was creamy and delicious. For the main courses, we chose the Cornish hen and the traditional turkey dinner. I did manage to polish off the Cornish hen, but the turkey dinner was a large portion, even for my husband, and we brought leftovers home. Loved the cranberry relish that came with it! For dessert we both had the nut tarte which was so rich, especially after our meal, that we could not finish it. In spite of a packed dining room, Rene’s was able to provide professional wait service throughout the meal as well as delicious food. This was one of the best meals we’ve had in Sedona. Highly recommended and we will return!

1  Thank woolywombat
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

I dined at Rene with a group of close friends for a birthday dinner. The atmosphere was quaint, we had good service, and the food was great. We enjoyed the French onion soup, and lobster bisque. The beat salad was wonderful. My husband was able to partake in the pre-fix menu as part of restaurant week which was delicious as well.
I think the rating on the cost needs to be higher as this place is pricey.
Overall a great dining experience.

1  Thank Lisa B
renerestaurant, Manager at Rene at Tlaquepaque, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Thank you for choosing Rene for your special occasion. We were delighted to showcase our talents with the "Restaurant Week" prix-fixe menu. We look forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

Spend your money elsewhere. For the prices this restaurant charges, we expected superior food and service, but this was not our experience. I ordered the duck and it was so dry and flavorless it was hard to tell that it was duck. My two friends ordered other items on the menu (one ordered veal and the other ordered sole) and ranked their meals as mediocre. Our waiter was polite, but insincere. We experienced nothing exceptional here at all. .

3  Thank SedonaFoodie1

SedonaFoodie,
We are sorry to hear of the less than stellar dining experience at our restaurant. Mediocre food, served by insincere waitstaff, does not represent 30 years of fine dining service our venue has offered it's cherished guest's. Perhaps if a manager would have been aware of this situation, the experience may have been corrected. We can only hope that in the future you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

I am a Sedona area "local" and I don't often go into places that I feel might be "touristy". However, I dined at Rene today with friends for lunch....and I will be going back. The menu is diverse, offering something for everyone! The service was great and all six of us ordered something different. Everyone was happy with their selections!

1  Thank Mary Jane C

Thank You Mary Jane for dining with us. We are pleased to have such a wonderful review written by one of our locals. We are also very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the diversity of the menu and are equally ecstatic that your party had a wonderful dining experience. We hope to serve you again very soon.

Been to Rene at Tlaquepaque? Share your experiences!