8 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$68
Expedia.comUS$303
Hotels.comUS$303
HurbUS$316
All reviews great stay yogurt cinnamon rolls free breakfast front desk staff clean rooms nice pool hard boiled eggs hot breakfast laundry room minute drive bed was comfortable grand canyon hiking trails red rock formations hie bell
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 December 2020 via mobile

We recently stayed at the HI Express Sedona.
Great location for hiking . Walking 1/4 mile up the road you reach the trailhead for several amazing walks.
Nice selection of restaurants walking distance away.
As a spire Elite IHG member when I checked in no upgrades were available on the first day. However we were upgraded to a nice suite for the rest of our stay. Room was clean , comfortable and reasonably priced. Staff was helpful and pleasant.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank peterbS5414RF
Reviewed 26 November 2020

about 15 minutes away from the heart of Sedona. Great view of some of the rock formation from our room, very clean and safe. Only issue I had was the billing. We called to get it straightened out and got disconnected twice. Finally got a hold of the front desk agent and he had to wait until his manager to start his shift. Unfortunately, the manager never called us back.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Zamamama
Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

We got to the hotel after a long day of traveling and activities and found out they had give our 2 queen bed rooms away, which left us with a single queen room for 3 of us. Miles at the front desk went out of his way to help us and managed to book us a spacious room in a nearby hotel. We appreciated his service recovery very much.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2020 via mobile

Not a nice IHG. We do not recommend this hotel to anyone. They have updated the rooms but the pool is disgusting, freezing cold, paint is peeling. The outside area is unkept. This property does not reflect IHG standards. Was expecting something better for Sedona. It’s better to actually stay in the city of Sedona at the Best Western or some other property where you don’t have to drive to town.

This property is too far away from Sedona city center.

Pool is disgusting.

There are no breakfast options at this hotel. Just 1 tiny fridge with Jimmy Dean Frozen Sausage or chobani.

Also being platinum elite they didn’t acknowledge until later and when we asked for an upgrade they denied it despite being suites available.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank c_spiceyweiner
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express Sedona - Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2020

Hi c_spiceyweiner,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review from your most recent stay.

I am disappointed to learn that we were unable to exceed your expectations particularly the hotel cleanliness and lacking breakfast options. We always strive to provide the best for each stay, and I'm sorry for the letdowns. Your feedback is shared with the local team and will greatly contribute towards making the experience better the next time.

I hope that you choose us again so that we can have the opportunity to share the happiness of your future travels.

Regards,

Virgil N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 July 2020 via mobile

Beautiful setting and nice hotel. Signage everywhere encouraging social distancing, claiming rigorous cleaning standards and assuring guests that their comfort and safety are paramount. But even if the public health concern is mainly for show, the hotel surely cares about its reputation and bottom line. So having an unmasked staff member act rudely confrontational towards a guest is BAD business. Look, I don’t care if you don’t want to (or don’t have to) wear a mask, and I’m not interested in debating your entitlement to put yourself and other people at risk, or whether you think you know better than the CDC. But don’t invade my personal space as though you want to provoke me and then say, ‘I don’t have the plague!’ in a condescending snarky way when I step back to maintain proper social distancing. And then don’t cop an even bigger attitude when I observe, ‘I’m just surprised you’re not masked.’ All the other staff I can see are. Most of your guests are. Most people in public places are. I am. I just drove 2000 miles across the country to visit elderly parents with health issues. And most people from Tennessee and Arkansas to Oklahoma and New Mexico were masked in public, especially those working in hotels that claim to care about guests’ comfort and safety during a pandemic. We are in one of the worst hot spots in the world and I’m paying over $230 a night for this room. Is this official Holiday Inn Express policy? To have staff not wearing masks bully guests about it? Wherever you stand on pandemic public health politics, masks or no masks, at least treat your guests with respect.
NB: On my way out I saw a sign indicating masks will be mandatory starting July 27. I guess this guy just had to make his point before he was forced to do the responsible thing. I also appreciated the far nicer and more reasonable (masked and gloved) staff member at the desk on checkout who agreed that no one should be treated so poorly by one of their employees.

Date of stay: July 2020
4  Thank Goldilocks420
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Express Sedona - Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2020

Hello Goldilocks420,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience. While I'm glad that you found the hotel pleasant, I'm sorry to read that your stay was not as great as what we would have wanted it to be due to the issues encountered with the service provided by one of our staff. We aim to exceed your expectations and we want to ensure every detail of your stay is top-notch. Trust that I have made the hotel management aware of your concerns as a reference in the training and coaching of our staff to avoid similar situations from happening again.

I hope that this will not deter you from choosing us again or other IHG properties in the future!

Jonathan A