See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I left clothing that had personal value on the first drawer under the TV.
Right after check out, the supervisor checked the room, then the housekeeper did his/her job and then the supervisor checked again. Nothing was found. Magic ! ! The clothing just desappeared.

I wrote a letter to the manager asking for some kind of compensation. These were the options presented by the manager: claim to the insurance company or report it to the police, which one would you take?

Well, the security is not really good at that resort, and it seems that they do not want to recognize it, I accept the resposibility.

About the resort, what can I say? That incident just ruined any other good thought that I might had about it.

Just this, NEVER AGAIN.

If you leave the room, just take with you anything that might have some value to you.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2009

We arrived with no reservations. Stumbled on Los Abrigados Lodge. Good value compared to other places we checked ($220 for 3 nights). We loved the view of the red hills to the east from our balcony. Loved the suite - great king size bed, nice living area with gas fire place. Large bathroom, kitchenette. Nice small pool & hot tub for the cool evenings. Great location in the more "quaint area" of Sedona. Good restaurants within walking distance (no construction here).

Lots of hiking in and outside the town. $15 for hiking pass (we bought ours from machine at a trailhead. Luckily we had a 4WD so didn't need to do any jeep tours. Some roads are almost impassable by car.

Great place, would definately go back.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2008

We purchased 2 nights at THE LODGE on E Bay for $40.00 . I read alot of reviews about this place, some good ,some bad. I had no idea what to expect. We wanted to check out Sedona and were in the area , soooooooo what did we have to lose ?? $40?? We arrived about 4 pm. We got a very friendly welcome and were checked in right away. The room was clean, had a large bed with a great quilt on it and plenty of pillows. The room had lotion, shampoo, a couple of soaps , a powerful shower ,a hair dryer, a micro wave and a coffee maker.We put our waters in the frige, used the coffee, sugars and creamers to make our coffee in the morning.We looked out the window, over our patio and the view was one of the best we have ever seen. Even the view on the parking lot side was outstanding.Part of the $40. deal was that we had to take a tour of the RESORT. It was a nice place but we have stayed at better. The tour lasted 2 hour and our host could not believe that we did not want to purchase. She was not high pressure but her attitude really changed after we said NO for the 3rd time. We got a $100. gift coupon that we used for a Pink Jeep tour,that was GREAT ( another review ) All in all it was a very nice, cheap time in Sedona. They payed us $60. to stay in their lodge and tour their resort NOT SUCH A BAD DEAL AT ALL if you are a CHEAP smack like me !!!!! The only problem was that they roll up the streets of Sedona after dinner. Everything was closed by 8pm.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank CQtopgun
Reviewed 9 November 2008

My husband and I stayed at Los Abrigados for a week.
We exchanged our Palm Desert timeshare for a stay in Sedona.
We had 2 rooms. One for us and one for our friends who traveled with us.
The place is very well located. It's next to Tlequepaque, an amazing shopping and restaurant historical center. It has many galleries with works by local artists and the best restaurant in Sedona called Rene.
I agreee that the rooms are a little dated and could use some renovation. But they are comfortable and the little kitchenette is very functional, considering its small size.
The front desk clerks are very attentive and the concierge service was very good.
We attended a timeshare presentation in exchange for some train tour tickets.
Our friends ended up signing up for a timeshare.
The salesperson was not too pushy.
All and all I would say that it's a pleasant place to stay.
What I love the most is the fact that it's within walking distance of so many restaurants, galleries, hiking tracts etc. etc.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 8 October 2008

This was my first time I was tricked into checking out a time share. I went into a tourist information center that I later found wasn't really a tourist information center, but an center that leeches on tourist to try to bring them into a time share presentation. The women lured us in by telling us we could get a free nights stay if we go to a 90 minute presentation. Being I am young I thought the presentation wouldn't be pressured into buying time share. I will say it was not worth the $100 dollars to be pressured into time share.

Presenter of the time share, acted like she was our best friend until we would not buy her overpriced timeshare. She even got her "sales manager" who was really rude to try to talk us into buying. He even said, why did you come if you where just coming for the free gift. Which was uncalled for. We were kind of trick into it. I make more then $100/ hr, so doing the time share presentation for a $100 free gift would be a waste of my time.

I will say, the rooms looked really outdated and I honestly you couldn't pay me to stay there. It has an aura of evil about it. They did show us what the remodeled rooms with look like, they did look like. But honestly. overpriced time share isn't worth it. I would rather invest my money in actual property I can visit anytime I want. rather then pretending that I own property, from an overpriced hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple