4 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$206
PricelineUS$206
eDreamsUS$207
1,034 results
All reviews golf course time share full kitchen timeshare presentation sales pitch one bedroom unit grand canyon red rocks concierge desk hard sell the sofa bed timeshare exchange washer dryer separate shower small kitchen hot tub pool towels
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2021

The Ridge was great. The view was nice, and the room itself was nice and included dishes and a dishwasher, which we used quite a lot in our one week stay. I took one star off because the bed was horrible. It was very hard, and my husband and I both had trouble sleeping. I took off another star because I found the resort fee too expensive. We paid approx. $16 a night, which would have been fine if they cleaned or picked up, but they didn't. We had to call for towels and toilet paper and clean bed sheets since we stayed for a week. I understand that the precautions are in place for COVID related reasons, and even appreciate the thought process, but if there is going to be no actual service, there should be no service fee.

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Diamond Resorts, Other at Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and appreciate your constructive comments. Please be advised the resort fees covers Wi-Fi, 24-hour fitness center, pools, DVD rentals, seasonal activities, garden gas grills, parking, business center computer/internet, and boarding pass printing. -GP

Reviewed 10 January 2021 via mobile

We are on day 3 of a 3 week stay at The Ridge Golf Resort in Sedona. We are settled in, enjoying the accomadations, the beauty and serenity. The staff is amazing and responsive to our questions and requests. Our unit is very clean and well maintained. We highly recommend this resort.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Diamond Resorts, Other at Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

We are overjoyed to hear that you're feeling at-home and enjoying your stay with us so far. We hope you end your 3-week getaway well-rested and thank you for choosing to spend your time at The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort. -HN

Reviewed 4 January 2021

Got here after a ten hour drive and had to wait for almost 45 minutes to check in. Then, once you check in, they start trying to sell you timeshares. It’s in the usual, fake genuine, chase you down in the parking lot with a deal you can’t refuse, kind of time share sales. Once you finally get checked in and you mention for the fifth time you’re just on vacation and don’t want a time share, they finally let you go.

We got to our room and had to move a big bag of towels (that lived in front of our door the whole time we stayed) out of the way.

We then opened the refrigerator and found some food the guests before us had left in there. (I guess they don’t clean the refrigerators).

Then we woke up to find all the coffee they had left us in the room was decaf.

None of these problems by themselves should have been an issue. The problem is that the check in process and timeshare BS make you want to stay as far away from the reception area as possible. You don’t even want to reach out to ask about coffee or cleaning or any other issue you may have. Do yourself a favor a get yourself a real hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Diamond Resorts, Other at Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay with us. We regret to hear the service received failed to meet your expectations. Our team will absolutely learn from your constructive feedback and use it to improve moving forward. -GP

Reviewed 2 January 2021 via mobile

Diving all day with three kids and was expecting to check in at 4 pm as mentioned on the reservation. The front desk staff informed me at 3:40 pm that the room wasn’t quite yet ready and they’d text me when it was. I asked for a timeframe so I could determine if we should hang out and wait or go run around for a bit and was told it’d be ready about 5:00 pm or 5:30 pm. At 7:30 pm I still hadn’t received a text and when I called the hotel to get an update they informed me that the room still wasn’t ready and they couldn’t give me a timeframe. They said I’d just have to wait until they messaged me. Not very convenient with three kids who have been in the car all day.

I know the front desk staff were a little flustered and probably embarrassed about the situation, but at one point one of them was pretty rude when they said they don’t have a crystal ball and can’t just tell me when the room will be ready. Keep in mind we’re over three hours past check in.

We finally decided to take off and go somewhere else and hopefully they’ll be able to give us a refund, but over the phone it didn’t sound like they were immediately willing.

I know it’s New Year’s Day and the rooms they’re cleaning are probably a mess, but it’s a poor excuse and you can’t keep other customers waiting for a room for which they already paid.

I don’t plan on returning and probably won’t try any other Diamond Resort hotels based on this experience.

1  Thank jakedwilson
Diamond Resorts, Other at Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2021

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear that your time with us did not go as expected. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us take the necessary actions to ensure all guests enjoy a home away from home experience during their time with us. -GP

Reviewed 20 December 2020 via mobile

We called & set up our reservation months ago. I then called to double check we were set for check in 1 week before arrival.

Once we arrived at The Ride on Sedona Golf Resort by Diamond Resorts we had to wait over 1 hour in line just to check in to get our keys. There was 1 person checking in guests. There were 4 people trying to sell time shares. Does this seem a bit unbalanced to you? Then, a housekeeper was walking around spraying disinfectant spray that we were forced to breath in because we were standing in line. And it wasn’t a spray here & there. It was approximately 60 pumps per minute for about 5 minutes.

Diamond Resorts, this was not a great 1st impression!

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Familyof3traveling
Diamond Resorts, Other at Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2020

We appreciate your feedback and regret to hear the service received during your stay with us failed to meet your expectations. We will relay your response to our team with the intent to improve for our future guests. We do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. -GP