“Heavenly green curry”

Ranked #72 of 211 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fresh, mouth-watering, natural Thai cuisine prepared by master chef Pearl Pardee and her staff. Modest prices in a casual atmosphere serving beer, wine and drinks at our full service bar. Thai Spices is known for its outstanding Thai Cuisine which has been the recipient of numerous awards and acknowledgements over the years, including The Greater Sedona/VOC Area Award for Best Thai Restaurant for 11 years running.
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I wished my husband and I could have stayed in Sedona a few more days just to eat the delicious food served at Thai Spices Natural Restaurant. My green curry was beyond divine. Everything in that dish was balanced. Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes...The owner has taken her lessons on macrobiotic cooking to heart and has returned the love through her food.

pearlpardee, Owner at Thai Spices Natural Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Hi ViolaIda,

So kind of you to share your review of my restaurant, I love it when customers get our Thai style of cuisine.

I trained and cooked for the Thai royal family for many years and after extensive training in macrobiotic cooking here in the United States over 25 years ago, I learned the value of nutrition in food and the importance of natural cooking, which is why I blend my Thai cooking with macrobiotic styles into a very natural Thai cuisine.

And the good news is that we have never used any msg or msg related products in over 24 years since I have opened my restaurant.

Thanks again ViolaIda, I really appreciate it and I hope to see you again during your next trip to Sedona.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Met another couple here for dinner at 5 when they opened. It took us a while to figure out what to eat because the menu was almost unbeliveably long. An amazing selection. Hard to believe a cook for deal with it all.
But s/he did.
We all had something different and, sharing, we all thought all the entrees very tasty.
I suffer from IBS but had no trouble finding something to eat.
Caution: All 4 entrees came with a LOT of broccoli (better than the usual oversupply of onions about some Thai restaurants) so you might want to ask for more variety or other veges if you, like Pres. Bush, aren't fond of broccoli.
By the time we finished eating the entire restaurant was full and there were perhaps 20 people waiting to eat. You might want to go early to avoid the rush.
We'll eat here again every time we're in Sedona.

Hello Stewart2013,

Thank you so much! It's so kind of you to share your your experience at my restaurant, I love it when customers get our Thai style of cuisine.

Thanks again, I hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Our large group stopped here for an early weekday dinner. There was something for everyone on the menu. Everyone raved about their dishes, even those who typically do not like Thai food. Definitely, try the green curry! The owner and staff went out of their way to accommodate our request for separate checks, even though they were having technical difficulties processing credit cards. We'd definitely return if we are in the area.

pearlpardee, Owner at Thai Spices Natural Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Hi LegacyLinked,

Thank you for sharing your review about your wonderful experience at my restaurant! I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed the food that we served you and apologize again for the technical difficulties that we were experiencing that evening.

We get many remarks from our customers at the natural flavor of our food because I blend my traditional Thai cooking with macrobiotic styles into a very natural Thai cuisine.

I trained and cooked for the Thai royal family for many years before my training in macrobiotic cooking here in the United States over 25 years ago.

I learned the value of nutrition in food and the importance natural cooking. And the good news that I have never used any MSG or MSG-related products in over 24 years since I have opened my restaurant.

Again thank you for visiting us and I look forward to seeing you again!

Owner

Reviewed 29 March 2017

While this may be the best Thai food in Sedona, its vegetarian dishes are only okay at best when compared to what is available in cities across the US. So it works fine if you are vacationing in the area, but just do not expect it to be what you may be used to from wherever you have traveled.

pearlpardee, Owner at Thai Spices Natural Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Hello ShakerFamily,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor.

I realize my food may seem different than traditional Thai food in some cases, and that is due to the fact that I do not use any unhealthy flavorings that many other Thai restaurants use.

In fact, we have never used any msg or msg related products in over 24 years since I have opened my restaurant.

I use mostly organic and always natural flavorings like coconut palm sugar instead of regular sugar, we also use a nice blend of herbs and fruits for our famous pad thai and always fresh ingredients in our tom kah soups and curries.

I trained and cooked for the Thai royal family for many years and after extensive training in macrobiotic natural cooking and learned the value of nutrition in food and the importance of natural cooking.

I hope you consider visiting us again, we will do our best to provide you the best food and experience possible.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

We had no idea what to expect as we entered but the food was fantastic. Service was very calming as well. We will surely be eating here after every big ride.

pearlpardee, Owner at Thai Spices Natural Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Hello Steve,

Thank you so much for coming to my restaurant and sharing your feedback with us, it means alot.

I trained and cooked for the Thai royal family for many years and after extensive training in macrobiotic cooking I learned the value of nutrition in food and the importance of natural cooking, which is why I blend my Thai cooking with macrobiotic into a very natural Thai cuisine.

I hope you come and see us again,