“I'm a local, and I LOVE this place!!!”
Review of India Palace

India Palace
Ranked #101 of 200 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The food here is great, not spicy for the buffet, and the service is prompt and friendly! EnJoy!

Reviewed 26 February 2012

First, my wife and I had a hard time finding the restaurant. When the address is put into an I phone the directions take you up the canyon about four miles from town. We gave up and called the restaurant directly and were given adequate directions to find the place. However, the outside billing on the building is "India Cusine". We figured it must be the same place, went in and were seated promptly in a fairly full restaruant.

We were given a menu with many dishes and as well as a few combination plates. My wife asked if she could have a combination plate with one substitution and the waiter pleasently said, "No."

The a la carte dishes were a little pricey at from $9 to $20 each but we weren't that hungry so we eached one dish and white rice. Our waiter then set the table and we were surprised to see the same Corelle pattern as in our travel trailer!

The food came promptly but the quantities were very small except for the white rice. My shrimp red curry, was spicey as ordered but had little taste of curry and except for the chili oil was pretty bland in flavor. My wife liked her dish, a vegetable and potato mixture in a savory sauce.

My wife ordered mango ice cream for desert and was served a hard frozen disk about the size of a mayonaise jar lid in a bowl. She could not push a spoon into the disk and finally waited until it defrosted before eating.

I will say that the service was good throughout the meal and our water glasses were constantly refilled. The decor, large wall murals of Indian women in saris and tigers and cubs was cute but not elegant.

I wouldn't return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Some of the best Indian food I have eaten. I read one review before our trip to Sedona that stated “Best Indian food in the USA”. I have to agree. It’s authentic, service was excellent, reasonable prices and adequate portions. The papadam bread with spice relish was freshly prepared and delicious. My wife and I had curried lamb and curried chicken with a large bowl of rice to share. Again, as good as any Indian food anywhere. Bobby, the owner, and the wait staff were eager to serve.
Adding an India ambiance to the dining area are large India murals on the wall.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Have eaten here several times. This is the best Indian restaurant in the SW. Always top-notch.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

My wife & I had the opportunity to have the buffet lunch at the Indian Palace will passing thru Sedona in July of 2011. We love indian food and thought we would give it a try. What a pleasant surprise. The quality of the lamb was amazing. The chef really has it together. We were extremely pleased with everything we ate. Well worth the $$$. I like spicy so had to ask for sauce since most of it is mild for my taste. Restaurant got crowded at lunch time which is another good sign. I would recommend this to anyone who likes indian food.

Been to India Palace? Share your experiences!