“Fabulous views, informative and congenial guides.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Broken Arrow Jeep Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Since 1960, Pink Jeep Tours has been providing the most talked about off-road adventures in the Southwest. Our award-winning excursions are known as the premier must-do tours in Sedona, Arizona. Whether you're seeking rugged adventure, Native American history, nature, geology or panoramic vistas, Pink Jeep Tours has the right tour for you!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous views, informative and congenial guides.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Great way to see the Sedona views from a off road perspective! Spectacular vistas with a guide to educate and inform about the history of the area and rock formations. Some of my favorite photos of my husband and I were taken by our guide "Mike". (who was a bit of a comedian too) Then the added thrill of a pink open air jeep doing maneuvers I'd never think of attempting.

1 Thank Shoprichards

• Korean first
  • Polish first
New Jersey
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour, Highly Recommend Doing the Broken Arrow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I took Pink Jeep's 2 hour Broken Arrow Tour two days ago, and it was EXCELLENT. Our guide Tim was extremely professional and kept us very safe while still making the ride fun. I was a little bit concerned that I'd never heard of either of the locations that the tour stopped at (Submarine Rock and Chicken Point), but they were phenomenal. If you're not doing a long hike and don't want to take your own offroad vehicle (do not recommend, it seems that a LOT of people overturn on these trails), the Pink Jeep Tour is the only way to see these locations. The views were stunning and the rock formations were beautiful. We couldn't stop taking pictures. We took the last tour of the day which was perfect. It gave us the day to do other things in Sedona, and it gave us beautiful sunset lighting that made the rocks glow even redder than usual. Tim took some great pictures of the two of us in some of the recommended best spots, as well. I think from what I've read and seen that if you're going to do a Pink Jeep Tour, the Broken Arrow is the one to do. We definitely went over some rough ground, but our driver was cautious and kept us 100% safe. He said that the training program for drivers takes 4 months and only 30% of the people pass in the end, so they take safety very seriously. I can't believe some of the ground those jeeps can go over. It was definitely a bumpy ride in some places, but in a fun way!
The tours leave from a location in central downtown (I think during the high season there could definitely be some issues with finding parking). Also, we ordered a vanilla latte and a chai latte from the Pink Java Cafe (you get 10% off with any tour), and they were both excellent. Our tour guide gave us some great tips for food, as well. For "different" food, we had an appetizer at the bar of the Cowboy Club--right across from where the tour ends--(cactus fries with prickley pear sauce--really liked those, buffalo brochettes, rattlesnake meatballs, & cilantro flatbreads with "southwestern" peanut butter). For dinner, he recommended Elote, a restaurant with southwestern cuisine and a 5 star chef a little bit outside of downtown (in the high season, I heard there is a huge wait, but we didn't have one when we were there). The guacamole, elote (roasted corn with a special sauce), and fish tacos were all delicious, as was the special entree we tried.

Visited March 2012
10 Thank meghan429
Dunkirk, Maryland
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“An educational and beautiful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We took the Broken Arrow Tour with 2 young children (ages 5&7). The Sedona region is beautiful and access to the backcountry is restricted to defined trails, so it is likely that you will have similar vistas regardless of which tour company you choose. What makes the Pink Jeep company great is how professional the staff is. Our tour guide, Cindy, did a fantastic job of balancing the needs of our group. Some of our party was really into the geology and biogeography of the area, and our guide was very knowledgeable on these subjects. She lectured us while tackling the hills in a way to entertain the kiddos! She took us on a hike to see petroglyphs and ruins while being considerate of the health needs of one member of our party. We saw several jeeps from other tour companies blast by us and were thankful that we had chosen a company that treated our tour as much more than an amusement park ride. Can't wait to do it again!

Visited April 2011
3 Thank lovesmaryland
New York City, New York
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband and I took the Broken Arrow tour while in Sedona last week. All I can say is WOW. Our guide was fabulous. Not only did he take us on an exciting (yet safe) ride, he showed us the best vantage points of the rocks and even helped us set up the best photos depending on the sunlight. We took the 4pm tour which was so great because the sun was staring to set and the sky was beautiful. I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone visiting Sedona. We did a lot of hiking while there but this vantage point was like nothing we've seen!! Thank you Pink Jeep Tours for helping make our anniversary vacation so wonderful!

Visited February 2012
3 Thank AWBW2011
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We had a great time with Mike on the rim tour in Sedona. The views were unbelievable and Mike was hilarious. We enjoyed our tour mates, as well. But, they didn't tip him we noticed. Please people, tip your tour guides if you enjoyed it!! They're just trying to earn a buck like the rest of us. We will definitely go back.

1 Thank Loudog04