3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Marriott HotelsUS$225
Expedia.comUS$225
Hotels.comUS$225
FindHotelUS$225
PricelineUS$225
StayForLongUS$267
All reviews golf course flight path two room suite stayed here for nights nice pool a great place to stay business trip property tpc ivy patio earplugs valet bellman refrigerator conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 March 2021

As others note, this property is well overdue for a renovation, so if you're coming here for your first covid getaway, it'll be a letdown sprinkled with pleasant suprises. I've stayed here 3-4 times in the last 10 years; its certainly not my top choice but the rates are very fair and the grounds, staff and location are all good.

Staff is friendly, helpful and quick. They do offer a hot, made to order breakfast but its certainly not a restaurant experience as its ordered/served in the large, lobby bar. Pool is heated though I didn't use it; lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. Golf course abuts the property and makes for a lovely walk. Wifi, shower, bed all good. Everything in the room works fine, and everything here was clean and serviceable. Its just tired. And its in the final approach for the busy Scottsdale private jet airport.

But it was also at least $200/night less than the other full-service Marriott and other brand-name properties nearby during the busy Spring Training season. So I'm not complaining.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2021

Dear Davidandrose,

Thank you for returning to the Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains. We are glad overall you had a great time with us and we are happy you love most aspects of our hotel. It is also nice to see you considered us a good value. While we are awaiting our upcoming remodel, we appreciate your feedback for consideration when making changes to the hotel. We believe these improvements will demonstrate our commitment to providing our guests with the best experience possible.
Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2021 via mobile

This is our first visit in Scottsdale/Phoenix area. Our stay at the Marriott erased those anxiety of a new visitor syndrome. The place is elegant and quite. Concierge gave us all information that we would like to go and do. Staff was very cordial and went out for their way to assist you. Their attitude towards their guest gave me and my wife an imprrssion of what a good place phoenix is to live. All in all, this hotel is highly recommended. You would love the place, its ambiance and the people.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank briggsr2017
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2021

Dear briggsr2017,

It was a pleasure to read your review about the excellent service you received from our staff and that we exceeded your expectations. Our associates are dedicated to going that extra mile to make you feel at home. We appreciate all of your compliments and thank you for taking the time to post your review and recommending us. On behalf of Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains, we invite you to stay with us again anytime you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 January 2021 via mobile

Stayed one night while passing through. Very convenient to highway but far enough away to be quiet. We had a 2 room suite for a good price. Everything was well maintained, clean and upscale. Very nice bedding and linens. Comfortable bed. View of courtyard. Very quiet.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Dear knoxjodi,

Thank you for your delightful review of Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains. It is a pleasure to know you had an enjoyable time with us and loved our well-kept property. We are also happy to read that you enjoyed the views from our comfortable accommodations. We are grateful for your business and look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed 7 December 2020

I want to first start by saying that Renato, the front office supervisor is Amazing!! He has exceptional customer service skills, and this property is fortunate to have him. I needed a one-night stomping ground and wanted a more full-service hotel than a Courtyard or Springhill Suites. I can only rate the property 3 stars because the rooms (especially the bathrooms), exterior and pool area are extremely dated. The lobby is renovated and is on par with other Marriotts. Most full-scale Marriotts went through renovations 4-5 years ago and were surprised this property in a prime location didn't. I was in a one-bedroom suite and it lacked certain amenities you'd expect at a Full-Scale hotel, such as a Do Not Disturb sign, safety box, and the bathrooms are extremely dated. I implore this property to undergo renovations soon. The bed was more comfortable than a Courtyard or a Springhill. I barely heard any planes as this hotel is close to The Scottsdale Airport. The hotel is dated preventing me from giving this property a 4 or 5 star, which is a shame because the customer service was top notch. Please make the necessary renovations because this can be an Amazing Property!!!

Room tip: Golf Course view
Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank bem247
Theresa Campici , Other at Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2020

Dear bem247,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay.
We genuinely appreciate your very gracious comments regarding Renato at the Front Desk, our comfortable beds and the good night sleep you had.
If helpful for you to know, we are awaiting our upcoming renovation and are beginning to progress with our plans.
We hope you will choose to stay with us again and continue to make our hotel your stomping grounds and your home-away-from-home.
All my very best,
Theresa

Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

I wish I had paid more attention to the negative reviews here on TripAdvisor before booking this hotel. A list of what is wrong here-

1. Outdated property, guest rooms seriously need a renovation. Very old looking and ugly
2. Hotel is on the airport flight path and the noise is SUPER loud early morning so you cannot get a good nights sleep.
3. Have no idea how this is considered a category 5 property. Hotel is mediocre and also no staff to help like a concierge, bell hop or a maid to clean your room
4. One restaurant on property and the food was disgusting. Frozen food that they heated up

Do yourself a favor and find another hotel to stay at.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Travelbugz84
Theresa Campici , Other at Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2020

Dear dtailor84,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay; we appreciate your time and the feedback your provided.
At this point in time, I can only sincerely apologize that our hotel was not as you had expected.
While we are awaiting our upcoming renovation, our goal is still to provide the finest in service for our guests.
Next time you are traveling through the Scottsdale area, please reach out to me directly so that I may personally make your reservation for you; as I will reserve a room in the hotel with a more quiet location and away from the flight path of the Scottsdale airport.
Please know we genuinely appreciate your feedback; as well as your business and loyalty to the Marriott brand.
All my very best,