I am currently staying at the Smoke Tree Resort and truly believe this is a hidden gem. My unit has new carpeting, queen bed that is really comfy, kitchenette with microwave, frig, coffee maker and wet bar. Very nicely decorated with flat screen tv, leather chairs, etc. There is a fabulous grocery store (A.J.'s about a block away in a nice shopping center). This is not the Ritz, Hyatt or Sheraton, thankfully. It is a place where you can truly rest. There is a swimming pool and the grounds are lovely: tall mature trees, cactus, flowers, etc. A place like Smoke Tree is very hard to find these days. Remember the places your parents took you every year for vacation that became a sort of second home? That is Smoke Tree. I hope that it remains just the way it is and is not pressured into changing in any way. The owner is a lovely woman who I happened to run into while walking on the property. She has owned the resort for more than 40 years!! The price is extremely reasonable and the location is great.
I read the review by the person who said he ran away because the restaurant is closed and the office sign wasn't very big. All I can say is that he truly missed out on a nice stay. I was told that the resort doesn't run the restaurant --they lease it and they are between lessees right now. It's not really needed when you can prepare food in the units and the shopping center is so close.
I also read an article in the Arizona Republic, Scottsdale section, by Michael Collins on 10/28 saying that places like Smoke Tree are not meeting their potential and consequently the City misses out on more revenue. You need to mind your own business, Mr. Collins. I personally look for places like the Smoke Tree Resort and they are few and far between.
If you are ever in the area and want a simple, clean, homey place to stay, I highly recommend the Smoke Tree Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Smoke Tree Resort & Bungalows is a true desert oasis. Five lush acres are home to 26 recently remodeled suites and bungalows. These individual private retreats offer luxury accommodations with all the modern amenities. Enjoy a workout or relax poolside in the manicured gardens. The expert staff arrange everything from golf and tennis to hiking or massage. World-class shopping and dining is just steps away. Life is too short to sleep in chain hotels! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your SmokeTree Resort & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smoketree Resort & Bungalows Hotel Scottsdale
- Smoketree Resort And Bungalows
- Smoke Tree Hotel
- Smoke Tree Scottsdale
- SmokeTree Resort & Bungalows Scottsdale, Arizona