“Need staff updates-not vegan friendly”

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 2 nights for business meetings. At checkout I told them about my dietary restrictions (also called ahead and my company let the hotel know as well.) I was told to call the catering line. When I called, no one answered so I called the desk. A very rude girl told me there was nothing she could do. I asked for a manager and Ian was very nice and accommodating. However, during meal breaks between meetings, I had to ask for my food and the caterers acted like I was really putting them out. The "meals" they provided me were ridiculous. Seared tofu right out of the package with no seasoning of any kind. They gave me only zucchini as a side and for lunch, a plate of black beans. My room was nice but not clean with food smears still on the desk and soap and a clothing tag in the bottom of the shower. After one of our meetings, security locked us out of the room we needed back into. I had to call twice to get them to come open it. Again, very rude people working here. The last day, the hotel's town car took us to lunch which they said cost $15 but when he dropped us off, he said it was $20. The grounds are awesome though. Overall, I would think for a resort they would have much better customer service and be prepared for special circumstances.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
FairmontScottsdl, Director of Operations at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Kelly R,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts following your recent stay at the Princess. As a Five Diamond property, we strive to provide our guests with outstanding dining options and exceptional service and in this case, we fell short in both cases, so please accept my sincere apologies. We regret that your experience did not reflect our serious commitment to these high standards and we appreciate your valuable feedback. We’d like to take the opportunity to speak with you in further detail regarding your visit, and I invite you to contact me directly at younes.atallah@fairmont.com. Our goal is to restore your faith in the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, and to provide you with an outstanding and memorable future visit, for all the right reasons

Kind Regards,

Younes Atallah
Director of Operations

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Scottsdale Princess

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We booked a Deluxe Room with two double beds. Our room was located in the main buildings near the lobby with a few over a walkway towards the adult pool. The entry door faced the open air bar off the lobby. Between the dj at the kids pool and the music at the bar, there was some noise in the room each night. The room was decently roomy and nice - it looked recently updated - with comfortable beds, good pillows and nice linens. The bathroom was partially updated: the tub was rather small, the shower was likewise not large, the walls had new wallpaper and the vanity was new, but there was a mismatched laundry bin cabinet and the tiled floors and shower walls were in need of an update. Overall, the entire room smelled moldy. Room service for breakfast and dinner was very good. My main complaint was the noise and crowds on the weekend in the kids' pools - it was absolutely packed, with no chairs available at the slide pool by 10am. With such crowded conditions, the pool and the pool area was also not very clean.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the main princess pool and golf, or rooms in the distant new wing by the...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Lesa S
FairmontScottsdl, Manager at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Lesa S,

It was our pleasure welcome you to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess this summer all the way from New York City. As many of our guests know, summer at the Princess is a wonderful time to visit. Not only is our resort calendar packed with incredible activities like our Summer Splash Birthday Bash, but it’s also a fantastic time to take advantage of AAA Five Diamond luxury at a fraction of the usual cost through various specials and offers available. As a result, our resort is quite popular during this time of the year and we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result. We hope to raise the bar on your next visit to the Valley of the Sun and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Once again the team at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess delivered an exceptional experience for our family.

We booked in the Fairmont Gold area and the service was once again sensational. Housekeeping went above and beyond during the twice daily housekeeping service. I love love love the turndown service.

The hotel offers fun activities in the Summer that created the most wonderful memories for my toddler ( Dive in movies - Lorax, Mermaid story time, and fireworks ). We have travelled to many Fairmont properties and this is our absolute favourite.

The Fairmont Gold Team ( Taylor, Derek, Shannon, and Marty ) were outstanding! This team is the A-team and can teach a course on hospitality best practises. You can tell that this team loves the brand and their property.

The check in and out process was seamless and the recently added service of texting was so efficient.

Congrats Fairmont Scottsdale on an amazing experience. You have set the bar high for your other properties. I can't thank you enough for another amazing and memorable vacation. Looking forward to seeing you in August 2018.

Room Tip: Fairmont Gold facing the gold course
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Chella L,

As a frequent Fairmont traveler, you know that our mission is to turn moments in to memories and we are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations on your recent stay at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. Between the modern luxury of our Fairmont Gold to the kid-friendly activities at our Summer Splash Birthday Bash celebration—we hope to be the perfect setting for the ultimate family getaway. We appreciate your continued loyalty as Fairmont President’s Club members and the rave review. We will be counting down the days to your next visit that we can create even more lasting memories for you to cherish forever.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

From valet parking upon arrival, check-in, our room, the spa, the pools, and the restaurants, everything here is top notch.

The staff was practically falling over themselves to provide us with everything we needed and wanted, including superior service. I never saw an eye roll or any sort of bad attitude; everyone was fantastic. I cannot say enough great things about the staff. Shout out to Big John. He took very good care of us and our luggage.

The Well & Being Spa was my favorite. I could not have been more relaxed after spending 3 hours at the roof top pool and 2 hours in the actual spa itself. The smells were wonderful, it was very clean and well stocked with towels and other necessities, the staff was on top of everything. They even give you robes and sandals to use while you are enjoying your stay.

They have 2 adult only and 4 kid friendly pools, they have a Starbucks on property, great cocktails, great room service, a great mini-bar. What a phenomenal property.

I loved it so much, I am coming back this weekend with my husband and next week with my daughter and granddaughters. Thank you Fairmont Scottsdale Princess.

Room Tip: We were in 3204G and had a great view of the Sunset pool.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 7360stmiller

Dear 7360stmiller,

Whether on vacation with your best girlfriends, a romantic retreat with your spouse or a fun-filled family getaway—there are so many ways to enjoy the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess and we are elated to hear you’ll be joining us again so soon for more unforgettable fun in the sun! From the moment you arrive on property, our goal is to pamper and spoil you that we may earn your loyalty and ultimately become your staycation destination in the Valley. If there is anything we can do to make your upcoming visit more enjoyable, please let us know and we will be happy to assist. On behalf of Big John and the rest of the Fairmont team, it is truly our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The hotel was an amazing experience for me! Everything was at us should be, my only disappointment was that there was no vegan food option in the restaurants! But I could order French fraise, and salad..

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
1  Thank Ezsiasne Berecz... Z

Dear Ezsiasne Berecz… Z,

We believe it is valuable to receive both good and bad feedback in order to grow as a company and we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. While we’re delighted to hear you had an amazing experience overall, we apologize that we did not meet your expectations regarding food choices. We look forward to making improvements in this area and hope to welcome you back again in the future for the extraordinary culinary experience you deserve as a guest at our resort.