“Crazy good!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

This place is so cute! Fast and courteous service. Delicious desserts! Loved the 23 Skiddoo! Coffee ice cream, chocolate ice cream, almonds, coffee and chocolate sauces... WOW!!!

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

This was a sweet place to stop with the kids for lunch on vacation. I had discovered it myself earlier in December thinking it was the kind of place you could stop to grab a cone at a counter to go (it's not), and liked the Family Circus old-style nostalgia so I brought the kids next trip.

The ice cream itself is nothing special--I assume it's just grocery store brand--but we liked the old-timey atmosphere and menu selections (grilled cheese, tuna melt, meat loaf, ice cream sodas...) and the large selection of sundaes and other ice cream treats they had on the menu was fun--how do you choose??

The service was super slow over lunchtime, but competent and friendly, and we weren't in a hurry so we didn't mind.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

My girlfriends and I stopped in here on the suggestion of my husband (who heard about it from a co-worker!) after dinner one evening. It's cute and the ice cream is delicious! Kinda made us feel like we had travelled back in time! I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the Scottsdale area!

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a meal and dessert at the Sugar Bowl after our hike at Camelback Mountain. My kids really liked the retro decor of the 50's style diner, right down to the glass mustard bottle! Our waitress was helpful in offering some lunch recommendations and my entire family enjoyed their meals. I had the patty melt, my husband had the Reuben, and my kids both had BLTs. My husband and son both ordered rootbeer floats and my son declared it was the best drink he had ever had! He even wanted to order a second one for dessert but we settled on sharing a banana split and my daughter had a bowl of mint chocolate chip. Both my son and I loved the banana split with the exception of the pineapple sauce that seemed to be a cooked preserve, which we have never had before. The taste was different from the more fresh pineapple topping we are used to. Overall though, our meal was delicious and hit the spot after our we built up and appetite hiking the nearby Camelback Mountain.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

We really enjoyed our meals and dessert. I had turkey club. It was standard and very good. The lemonade was actually really good. The waitress was unbelievable. The dessert was excellent. I had cookie dough ice cream with hot fudge. It was outstanding. I tried some of my wife's brownie sundae and it tasted great. I am not really an ice cream person, but really enjoyed the ice cream. The price point was perfect.