18 people are viewing this hotel
US$643
Free cancellation until 23/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
Hotels.comUS$630
PricelineUS$638
Westin.comUS$635
2,990 results
All reviews lazy river golf course adult pool flow rider adventure pool bagpipe player heavenly bed fire pit family pool pool area every evening beautiful property self parking ping pong per day spring break concierge desk
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2018

Located right in Scottsdale, this is a very large property. They had a huge staff ready to check me in. The property is beautiful and spacious. I was upgraded to a room on the former SPG floor where there used to be a lounge which recently "sunset" given the transition to Marriott. The room was great, large enough, bed was fabulous and the bathroom was large.
The spa was good, but not spectacular. A spa treatment was $169 + a 20% built in tip that you had to "opt out" rather than pay. Many of the lockers in the mens locker room were not working. The gym was large, but they cram a lot of equipment in there. A do like the free granny smith apples and the cool water available.

What I liked most about the resort was how it was right near the Kierland shopping. You can eat at any number of places and avoid the very expensive resort prices. It is nice to just get off the property too.

My one objection was using the Concierge as a shill. I received a call from the Concierge about a "free gift" because of my status and some discounts. I should have known better, but when I went there, the free gift was a generic discount card for a photo book from a web site. The discounts were ads for local malls. The main reason was to sell me one of those condo tours. Not really sell, if I stayed for a sales presentation, I would get $100 off at the resort of 17,500 Marriott points. Perhaps I am naive, but I always thought of a Concierge as a source of information, not someone selling me something. While they undoubtedly get some financial benefit to sell people like me, it is a little disappointed. She did not push, but still I didn't see it coming from the Concierge. I should have known when you really receive a gift from a hotel, they drop it off at your room or have it waiting for you when you arrive.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nardiesally
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2018

Dear Nardiesally,

Thank you for your stay at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. We are glad your overall visit was pleasant and that you liked our optimal location and inspired accommodations. It is never our intention to inconvenience our guests in any way, so we're sorry for what you experienced. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to seeing you again so that we can provide you with the revitalizing stay you deserve.

Reviewed 12 November 2018

We have two small boys - 6 and 8 - and we couldn't imagine staying at a better place. There were enough activities and amenities that we actually never left the resort. If the boys were a few years older I think we would have insisted on exploring the area but for right now this was perfect. Great, friendly staff. Very helpful. Lots of things for kids to do so mom and dad could actually get a little RnR. The only very small negative is that the dining options were a bit limited but there are tons of great places (cheap and expensive) all within 15 minutes of the resort.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dogboy87
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Dear dogboy87,

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. We are always grateful to receive feedback from our guests as we strive to create meaningful and enriching experiences. We are delighted you were able to enjoy our resort amenities, and we can't wait to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

The Westin Kierland is a nice hotel but you could probably get better for your money. The hotel is in Scottsdale which is a nice area. It has a fun kids area where you can play table tennis, foozball, basketball game. The kid’s area has a pool for the kids but other Arizona hotels have better pool areas. The rooms are typical of a hotel of this class but nothing to write home about. I wanted to play golf at the hotel but it was about $150 a person so I found a cheaper course. This is a nice hotel but I think other hotels probably have nice amenities.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vacationguy274
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Dear Vacation274,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay. We enjoy receiving positive comments from our guests, but are also grateful to learn from detailed feedback like yours. We are continually striving to advance our services, and we appreciate knowing how to do so. We hope to have another chance to welcome you on a future visit.

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

We were here for a business trip / conference. The hotel was beautiful and the grounds were we’ll kept. The golf course view was breathtaking. The hotel overall was very very clean. Even at night and with events going on the everything was tidy. And security was always around in case anything was needed.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear MeeepMeeep,

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa. We are always grateful to receive feedback from our guests as we strive to create meaningful and enriching experiences. We are delighted you were able to enjoy with us, and we can't wait to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 November 2018

The hotel is very large and very beautiful. We were there for a business meeting but added on several days to try to see the local area. Great restaurants and outside eating facilities with awesome views. Husband really liked the pool areas and local shopping areas.
Disappointed in the hotel itself though. We were in a ground floor with a pool view, cute little patio. The walis are very thin and we could easily hear our next door neighbors and people in the hall. Housekeeping did not remove our used towels after the first night, and after the second night they did take the used towels, but there were no replacements left. When we arrived we had 4 of everything, and several days later hubby had to use a small towel after his bath as there were no bath towels available. (We did not take any to the pool).
Conference facility is great with spectacular food, just beware that this is a very large resort and there will be several meetings going on. Walking distance may be far between room and conference location.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BetsyG691
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dear Betsy G,

Thank you for reviewing your visit to our hotel. We take feedback such as yours very seriously as we are continually striving to better our guest experience. We hope you will accept our apologies, and we would welcome another opportunity to provide you with the perfect stay you deserve. Thank you again for sharing, and we wish you all the best with your travels.