“The place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Pueblo, Colorado
“The place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Nice place to stay, good breakfast. Will be back again next year..

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jessica T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix / Scottsdale, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Hello Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Homewood Suites Phoenix/ Scottsdale location. We at the Homewood Suites understand the importance of a great breakfast to start off the day, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our Suite Start Breakfast.

Looking forward to providing an outstanding experience for you on your next visit with us.

See you soon,

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Nice clean rooms and very well equipped. comfortable bed. Quiet rooms during our stay. Breakfast very good. Was not able to try evening meal.

Good internet performance.

Staff welcoming and pleasant

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dinsdale050
Hello Dinsdale050,

I appreciate you taking the time to express your positive experience with us here at the Homewood Suites Phoenix/ Scottsdale location. Our Welcome Home Reception is definitely our pride and joy, I hope you are able to take advantage of our reception on your next visit with us, as I'm sure you will be extremely delighted.

Warm Wishes,

Hotel Management
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

This Homewood Suites location just keeps getting better and better. They just updated the lobby furniture and flooring along with hallway carpets and wallpaper. Day before we left they were just starting to replace the old televisions with new flat screens. Full breakfast each morning is included in the room price and welcome home light dinner Monday thru Thursday is also included. Staff is accomodating and friendly and always receptive to requests. It was busy because two college football bowl games were being played in the area but everyone was well behaved and had a great time.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank TwoRetiredOshawans
San Juan Capistrano, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

The hotel is fine and the staff is very nice. There is a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius which was helpful for us since we were attending a wedding at a nearby resort. The free breakfast was decent and convenient. Overall, just an average hotel, however.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sh0rtypie
Sunshine Coast, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Stayed here end of jan early feb this year during the big blizzards which shut dwn all flights to the eastcost. Due to asthma attack cause of high altitude in Phoenix and me running across the gigantic airport trying to make my plane i missed my plane which turned out to be the last flight they were allowing toe eastcoast. So after collecting a discount voucher from US airways i stood in front of the huge hotel board in airport to select this hotel which was available, within my budget and had a free shuttle service from the airport to hotel.

Driver very friendly and would later end up chauffering me and some people i be-friended on the bus to several outings in downtown Phoenix and Scottsdale over the next few days at no additional charge although we did tip him generously.

Reception staff were very compassionate and understading and although of the 3 people who had also been stranded and were checking in my room was not yet available so they allowed me to use the bathroom to freshen up and store my handluggage, laptop and stuffed toys I'd bought from Disneyland. I then asked for nearest directions to local bar and park as I had told theother stranded passengers we should make the most of warm weather to sunbake and drink mojitos! Upt=on return my room which was located in next bldg over and by the swimming pool. It was very clean and decent sized and also featured strong air-con/heater, coffee maker, good free internet, a large desk with very ergonomic chair, fairly good bed and cable and was able to borrrow a dvd player from reception next evening to watch in my room.

Now I have travelled and stayed in mid range hotels, backpacker hostels and crappy guesthouses in s.e. asia but it had been sometime since I had stayed in a hotel without room service or restaurant. There wasa lounge and dining area with snacks avilable to purchase from reception and a microwave. However in the morning there was a continteal breakfast buffet which was included in the price and I can't remember if eggs or ommelettes were available butyou could make fresh waffles which was pretty cool.

I spent next couple of days checking out the area and going on a roadtrip to Sedona with my newfound friends and every shuttlebus driver and reception staff were able to give lots of tips and advice and helped me to get in contact with US Airways, Travel Insurance Agents and my fiance while we all played Phone tag for a couple of days. They also took pity on me when I initially couldnt access my bank account for 2days and let me put it all I needed to my room even though I hadnt been able to provide a security deposit. Though it all worked out and I gave them alll tips and glowing reviews in the feedback forms provided.

After 3 nights I still couldnt get a flight to Chicago and my fiance flew in from Sydney to join me so we ended up staying at a nice 5Star resort in Montelucia as a treat as he is a bit of a Princess he travels :-). Can't say that this is usually the kind of place I would book If I were planning to stay somewher but I was pleasantly surprised overall. So if you're on a budget or travelling on business and needing somwhere nice clean, convenient with friendly helpful service I would definitely reccomend it.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo