“My food was well prepared.”
Review of Fat Ox

Fat Ox
Reserve with OpenTable
Fat Ox is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #190 of 1,379 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$50 - US$100
Description: fat ox is a chef-driven restaurant crafting modern riffs on regional Italian classics. An Italian meal at Fat Ox is an evocative and experiential journey. It starts with a big plate of antipasti and a selection of cured meats. Then it moves on to a small pasta dishes, which is followed by a simple but deliciously prepared protein in a top-of-the-line custom wood burning grill and rotisserie.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On the night we went, it was very noisy. The look is open and loved the window. We enjoyed the table side Caesar salad, GREEN TORTELLINI, SHORT RIB ALLA VACCINIA.All of the dishes were very good that night. This restaurant is pricey but on the night we dined I would say was worth it.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

We were on a double date with friends who suggested we go to Fat Ox. I found the food to be perfectly executed. I am a big foodie and this restaurant surpassed my expectations. Definitely looking to visit again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

The Fat Ox is relatively new in Scottsdale. We went on a Sunday so the ambience was low. The service was very robotic and the ‘obvious manager’ didn’t seem to bother to speak to any of the diners. The menu albeit a little to over engineered offers an innovative choice of Italian dishes. I had the 25 layer lasagne which was extremely good. But with so much choice in the area maybe they could try a little harder to make the visit more of an experience. I wouldn’t go back but worth a try.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

A friend had his bday here. I was impressed with the windows and vibe. Very New York- sophisticated. However, I ordered the mussels and had to send them back as they were fishy and disgusting. So we moved on to the meal. I ordered the mozzarella with crab. It was ok. The bread and butter was a highlight. But then my man ordered the 1/2 chicken and i got pasta. Our friends ordered the whole chicken to split. Theirs came out on a beautiful wooden board. Presented beautifully. My man’s came out on a plate and then 5 mins later they brought him all of the accompaniments. Very underwhelming and made him feel 1/2 as special for ordering the 1/2 portion. Not a good look. I would suggest if you feel like there’s not enough room for the grand whole platter, still do a half sized small board for the 1/2 portion with all of the fixings on it at the same time. All of us at the table didn’t like that - and it’s stupid for the accompaniments to come out so long after the food. Bring it all at once or wait. I won’t be going back.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Service is top shelf! Enjoy artistic food interpretations by the Chef. We chose the dining room in the back since it is away from the bar and so is quieter. The prices are expensive--be prepared. But the food quality and ambiance make this a special experience, especially suited for a romantic meal.