“Great food!”

Thai Garden Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Rimrock
Reviewed 19 December 2019

I love this place! It doesn't look fantastic from the outside and it looks ok on the inside, but THE FOOD IS GREAT! The service is excellent, but sometimes there is a communication breakdown because everyone there is from Thailand so its kind of hard to understand. We asked our waitress, who as far as I know is the only waitress there, what her name was and after a while we all settled on the name that sounded like Doom. Maybe that's why they number everything on the menu! Much easier to talk in numbers. Anyway, I usually get the Crispy Shrimp with Red Curry Vegetables, which is very good, but today I wanted something I hadn't had in a while and went for the Sweet and Sour Pork. Fantastic! Ate every bite! My wife always orders the Cashew Chicken she loves it and always takes some home for the next day, but I always seem to get to it first! We've tried their teas and coffees, but have decided to just drink plain water so as not to interfere with the taste of the food. Tried dessert for the first time. It was Sweet Sticky Rice with Thai Custard. Not a real interesting presentation, but once we dug in it was delicious! Really sweet though, so get ready for a sugar high! We have a Thai restaurant in the Village where we live, but we do the 30 minute drive to this place because we've never had a problem with the food! Every time has been a delicious time! I highly recommend it. Feels good to support a mom and pop business instead of the chains once in a while.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed 13 October 2019 via mobile

My wife and I both love Thai food, but given that this is situated in the tiny town of Rimrock we didn’t want to get our hopes too high. Nonetheless this dramatically exceeded our expectations. Three entrees, soup and two deserts later we were a very full family with a very good meal. The teriyaki was phenomenal, coconut princess also very good and the sweet sticky rice with mango was the best part without a doubt. Definitely doing to become a new regular stop for us.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 15 August 2019

We shared a large shrimp won ton soup (delicious), eggrolls (crispy), thai fried rice (tasty), orange chicken (not too much orange) and walnut shrimp (delicious). Way too much food for two, but made for a good lunch the next day.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 5 July 2019

Was pleasently surprised to find tai food in Rimrock. Have gone multiple times. Im from Phoenix so Ive tried a variety of tai restaurants. Definitely worth stoppong in for!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 25 March 2019

I have only recently discovered Thai food. It was a surprise when this restaurant opened in what used to be a burger/pizza joint. I am still learning what flavors I like, but we have been 3 times and only once did I pick something I didn't like - too fishy. The other meals I thought were fantastic and the food is very fresh. The staff is nice and helpful in trying to sort out what meals are like. The service was very fast. I am glad this restaurant opened and hope they stay in business for a long time.

Date of visit: September 2018