“Awesome Vegan choices”

Taj Mahal Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #14 of 234 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Several friends that come to visit will only go here to get their Vegan choices. The food is so good and they have many different drinks you can order from the bar if you want something different. The night we went the guitarist was so good we made several requests and even sang along with him. Great patio if you want to sit outside. The owner made sure we had a great time and everything was perfect. If you want awesome Indian food this is the place to go.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

I've not been here in the evening, but my wife and I have enjoyed many lunches here. I don't understand those reviews claiming "a disappointment" It is the only "Exotic" food place for a hundred miles. If you just arrived from New Deli, London, NYC, (or even Scottsdale) it may seem humble.... but I've found the dishes to be well prepared and delicious.
A favorite is the lunch buffet. Tandori chicken, masala, paneer, and other basic Indian dishes are presented cafeteria style (all you can eat) simply and comfortably. The dining room is cool and a bit dark with a nice, simple ambiance with cloth napkins and tablecloths.
Wait staff is pleasant and available w/o "Being in your face."

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We were recommended to try this restaurant by friends. We found the ambiance to be a bit frantic . The owner was so visibly "on top of everything" it became a sideshow. Food was only fair.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I have eaten Indian food world over, and I can say that this restaurant is up there with the very good ones.
The dishes are excellent. On occasion some of the "meat bits - usually chicken" have been a bit curious, but the taste is consistent and great.
Given the limited choice/variety in Prescott, I am glad that we have the Taj Mahal.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

For a moment I suspended disbelief and thought that this was actually going to be a genuine Indian restaurant. My mistake was confirmed when I ordered three entrées and they turned out to be quite mediocre and expensive. The Tandoori mix grill was ok but small and at over $20 not worth it. The combination Biryani was seemingly just rice with a sprinkle of vegetables and practically nothing else. The eggplant and spinach dish was ok but nothing special. The restaurant area by the bar was loud (with live music) and one could hardly have a conversation.