3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$307
Hotels.comUS$307
Agoda.comUS$277
Orbitz.comUS$307
CheapTicketsUS$307
getaroom.comUS$318
All reviews industrial design great art unique hotel light rail cool hotel heard museum downtown hotel checking out business trip valet hip curator loft staycation sink evan pheonix
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 November 2020

We stayed here for a wedding that started at 3:30 on a Saturday. The place is eclectic and the room was very nice as was the staff. We called and asked if we could check in a little earlier than the 3:00 check in if the room was ready, in order to get to the wedding on time. They informed us there would be a $30 charge even if the room was ready. We planned to meet friends for drinks here before wedding. Our friends were staying at the Cambria and were able to check in early so we spent our before wedding drink money there instead. Will make sure to stay at a place a bit more accommodating next time. It’s too bad as the place is pretty cool

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank J8356NYjuliek
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

I had a group of 15 rooms reserved with Angela who is Director of Sales. I signed a non refundable contract for all rooms/nights and provided full credit card authorization. The hotel released 5 of my rooms when I did not provide exact names for each room by a deadline 2 weeks before my arrival (10 days after booking). They never provided a courtesy call or email prior to release. One week after the release, they finally reached out to ask me if I was still coming. At that point, they notified me they did not have rooms available to accommodate my group. Angela kept referring to the fact that I signed a contract instead of her poor customer service. This was a busy week in Phoenix and really put me in a pinch. I left 3 voice messages and a message with the front desk for Renee, the hotel Manager. She couldn't find the time to call me back. I checked out 3 days ago and the hotel is still unable to provide me a final receipt after checking out properly and emailing twice. Avoid this hotel, especially if corporate, group, or wedding event.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank George H
Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

Overall, the stay was ok. We were only here one night and didn’t have a chance to access any amenities. The concierge was not friendly at all, but the rest of the staff we encountered was very friendly and helpful.

Pros.
The vibe is pretty chill, very different and unique. Modern art everywhere, which we found enjoyable. The rooms are industrial style and roomy. Close to the airport and quite a few gas stations surround, if you need to fill up your rental.

Cons.
The area immediately surrounding is neat, but further than that it’s sketchy. Pretty much no way around paying for the valet, which for the price of the room seems a little ridiculous. Room service tickets were already previously filled out, disappointing. No individual use shampoo/conditioner. I don’t want to be using bottles that people before me have as well, just not my taste. The bed was awful and so hard. The bedding was ok, but definitely not “premium” as they state on their website.
Private balcony would’ve been wonderful had we not been overlooking the laundry facility and garbage cans - not pleasing to the eyes at all. Not very insulated, I could hear footsteps above me and the people talking in the room next to us - yikes. And the “amenity” fee is laughable. Again, should be included in the price of the room like everywhere else.

I applaud them for thinking outside the box and doing something totally different, just don’t feel like it was well executed. Looks way better in pictures than in person. Very disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MichelleR5978, Director of Marketing at Found:Re Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Hi Jenni D,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would love to get a few more details from you. Please email me directly at mryaklsky@foundrehotels.com at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!

Reviewed 15 February 2020 via mobile

This is a funky, Loft-like hotel with a chic vibe and artsy theme.

Pros

Nice spacious room with character and a great shower.

Friendly staff, especially at the bar and restaurant.

Good location, close to a number of restaurants and the Japanese Friendship Garden.

Cons

Not cheap. This is made worse by the inexcusable 15% "resort fee", which doesn't get you much and cannot be declined.

Could hear everything (yes, including bodily functions) from the room above us.

WiFi was dreadful throughout our stay.

Several minor inconveniences, which taken together, detracted from the experience: room key sometimes didn't work; staff forgot to replace room service order form, then forgot to bring it when requested; staff forgot to replace Kuerig pod.

Overall acceptable, but not exceptional, and not a good value.

Hi jonathank918,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I would love to chat with your further. Please feel free to email me directly at mrykalsky@foundrehotels.com at your earliest convenience.

Thank you!

Reviewed 8 February 2020 via mobile

I lve unusual hotels, but I found many aspects of the design of this hotel impractical, and for the price was surprised by the shortcuts taken. There is very lttle storage space and only 3 hangars without room for more. The reading lights were very harsh and all of the lighting has exposed bulbs, which may be industrial chic, but which I find unpleasant. There was no soap or soap dish for the bathroom sink (tho the agreeable young man at the desk got us some soap upon request). There is an opaque window from the bathroom to the bedroom, so if you want to leave the bathroom light on to help find your way there in the dark, the bedroom is bathed in light. The water in the fridge was pricey. A $40 a day resort fee for the small gym, pool and no grounds was ridiculous. For the price (which seemed high) I expected a more comfortable, less stingy set up. That said, the staff was nice, tho they were not able to provide maps of the area. The beds were comfortable but I would not chose this hotel again.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Nina,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry to hear you stay wasn't everything you hoped. I have reviewed your comments with our director of engineering and director of housekeeping to see what changes can be done immediately to ensure a comfortable stay for all guests. I will also keep your feedback on file to review for any upcoming room renovations.

Thank you again for this feedback. It's feedback like this that will help us be the best hotel possible.

Have a great day!