All reviews convention center cibo van buren room was clean budget hotel within walking distance free wifi continental breakfast light rail ironing board yogurt chase field stay there again mini fridge stayed one night airport shuttle
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Close to downtown Phoenix, walking distance to everything. Love the sounds of the city!! Great hot water in the shower. Very organized, they found our reservation easily. Have waffle maker for breakfast (my favorite!), along with fresh fruit, variety of pastries, cereal, oatmeal and more!! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Valion7
DSharmaPHX, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Just recently stayed here on a trip to Phoenix. I was in one room at first but was moved to another room as the TV was stuck on one channel. Both rooms had a strong smell, somewhat like cigarette smoke, though I believe the entire hotel is non smoking, or at least the room I requested was supposed to be. I noticed the same smell in the lobby too, so I assume it is throughout the motel. I bought some glade air freshener which helped mask the smell. The room also had an extremely loud air conditioner/heating unit. Luckily did not have to run this too often, but couldn't imagine having to sleep with that on when it is truly hot. My room faced West Van Buren, which could be noisy with traffic and some kind of bar/lounge directly across the street. I'm assuming rooms that don't face West Van Buren are quieter. I did not have the breakfast, but as mentioned in other reviews the breakfast space is extremely small, and can fit up to one family at a time.

After being moved to the room next door, I realized I left my expensive skin care product in the room I was previously in. It took constant requests to the front desk to get this product back. The front desk seemed initially hesitant to ask the guest in the room about the product, which didn't make sense as I was still at the hotel staying next door, and I of course respected the privacy of the guest, and was just seeing if they could ask the guest to return what I left. I realize it was my mistake to leave it, but they also could have been careful with immediately putting a guest in the room knowing I had just been staying in there. Overall I do think they understood the frustration this caused at the end, which I appreciated, and I finally got my product back right before checking out.

Regarding the location, it is 5 blocks from downtown Phoenix, which is about an 8 minute walk, if you don't have a car. In the daytime, while walking, you will generally have the blazing hot Phoenix sun shining down on you, with no shade until you get downtown. There is also a city bus that picks up and drops off right in front of this place if you do not have a car and don't want to make that walk, but that bus doesn't seem to run often. Was also generally surprised to see how much homelessness affects downtown Phoenix, and overall downtown doesn't have much going on outside of business and government, though there are a few museums worth checking out

Overall, I'd look at other options first before returning here, but if you need a quick stay this is okay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing West Van Buren get a lot of street noise...avoid these rooms if possible
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Thank you.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

This is an old rundown hotel. The breakfast room is about as big as a kings size bed. My daughter described the coffee as tasted like "hotdog" water. The tub leaked, the toilet leaked.. But all that said, the location was great, the price was good. We could walk to downtown and we could afford it!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are even slightly picky or trying to impress someone, otherwise it is doable if you can do without the fancy rooms. The rooms were reasonably clean and well kept but nothing fancy about them. And the building needs a facelift and many repairs. It was nice to be able to walk all over downtown Phoenix easily!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DSharmaPHX, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Sorry for the inconvenience! We will try to address the issues as best as possible. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This old motel was quite comfortable. It wasn't too noisy in the night. The breakfast was meager, but they did have boiled eggs, waffles, cold cereal, and some fruit.

The shower was wonderful with full pressure and very hot water.

The staff is nice and the cleaning staff are very friendly.

There is no pool, no gym, no bathroom fan, and no shuttle, no matter what it says on the generic website.

Our toilet leaked a little around the seal, but it wasn't a big deal. Everything was clean.

This old inn is pretty nice. The beds are comfortable, shower is full pressure and very hot.

It is not too far to walk to restaurants, movies, sports, convention center, ASU, YMCA, etc.

There is a TV, microwave, mini frig, iron, ironing board, small table, luggage stand, and ice machine by the office.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2018

I stayed at this hotel for a business convention. The hotel is a basic, no-frills place, but the staff was helpful and polite, the hotel is within walking distance of the convention center and the room was clean and comfortable. There was some street noise on Friday and Saturday night. Breakfast was simple and easy to get before heading out for work. Wifi was free. Overall, a good experience at a budget-friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Second floor probably has less street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
DSharmaPHX, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you, Sara, for encouraging words. We are glad to know that you had a good experience. I am sure you'll provide us another opportunity in the near future to serve you even better than this time. Thank you once again and take care.

Deo