“Room rates compatible with expectation”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #86 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Spent 5 days at hotel for less than $70 per night. Very nice and friendly staff. Rooms are average size. My room had a slight musty smell that was really noticeable after returning to room at the end of the day. This is not a really large hotel. Only three floors and one elevator. Not really a big deal; however, one day I was in a hurry and the elevator was full and I decided to take the stairs. The stairs are on the outside of building. I know it does not rain much in Phoenix. Just my luck, on this particular day, there was a downpour. I would say this is a hotel with some motel features. Overall, go experience. I thick the title of this review says it all.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith C
david_pakk, AGM at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I will share you comments with the staff. Thank you again for choosing us for your stay in Phoenix.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Clean rooms, great breakfast, and wonderful staff. The hotel is an older building, but in good repair. The rooms were clean. The pool and hot tub area was clean and well maintained. Good location to a local grocery store.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed 17 June 2016

I stay here frequently since it is very close to family members' homes. I've always been treated with courtesy upon checking in, there has always been quite a lot of parking available and the rooms have been neat and clean. The breakfast is a nice touch!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
david_pakk, AGM at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2016

Thank you for your nice comment about your stay with us. I will share it with the staff.
Hope to see you on your next trip to Phoenix.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Went to check in for a one night stay, lady at the front desk took my debit card and starting inputting my information in. Just to tell me about 10 minutes later that I couldn't stay at this hotel, since I'm under 21 years of age. I checked into this hotel about 4 days before this incident with no problem. Each of their employees follows policies completely different. No where on their website does it state " must be 21 years of age to check in". In addition, the staff working at the front desk are very rude. If you are going to deny me a stay, why charge my debit card?

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
david_pakk, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

We apologise that you were unable to check into the hotel although you did on a previous stay with another staff member. We unfortunately at this property require a guest to be 21yrs of age to rent a room with us. The front desk clerk was just following company policy per the Manager on duty that date. We also just to let you know did not charge your credit card or put any holds onto it as well.
Thank-You for your feed back.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

We arrived in Phoenix late and needed to stay overnight on our way to the Grand Canyon. The hotel had plenty of parking and was clean and very comfortable. The pool area looked nice as well but we couldn't stay long. The breakfast in the morning was included and absolutely delicious ... Waffle maker, cereal, yogurt, eggs, sausage, fruit. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2016