I was at the Royal Palms during winter break last week. My husband and I took our teenage son. We stayed in one of the Valencia rooms and even though they are close to the road, it was fine because my son had his own room. He could close doors and have his own bedroom. Traffic noise was minimal/ The grounds are spectacular and the resort is so quiet even though it was almost at full capacity. We did see a few empty glasses and wine bottles in some areas of the property on Sunday morning. They were probably left over from Saturday night. We were surprised that they had not been cleaned. The atmosphere is relaxed and the service is truly superb. Spa services were also top notch. The only exception was dinner at T. J. Cook's. Our breakfasts at the restaurant were very good (the bar menu looked great) but when we went for dinner we were very disappointed. My husband's paella (their signature dish) was dry. My son's steak was overcooked even though he ordered it medium. His roasted vegetables were inedible (very, very roasted). I ordered the Carbonara and the top layer was very dry. It seems that the pasta was put in the over and this formed a dry pasta layer on top. Stay at the resort, by all means, but skip dinner at the restaurant. Go to one of the many fine restaurants in the area, i.e. Marcellino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Manor of Taste, Royal Palms provides an engaging and unforgettable journey for all senses. Built in 1929, this enchanting Spanish Mediterranean mansion offers 119 artfully appointed casitas, estate rooms and villas. On every stroll through winding cobblestone pathways guests will discover romantic nooks, crackling fireplaces and splashing courtyard fountains. Intimate and tranquil, Alvadora Spa indulges the senses with natural beauty and the finest spa amenities. T. Cook's crafted, thoughtful and bold approach to food, complemented with The Mix Up bar's inventive mixology, is yet another reason to make Royal Palms a must-see destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Palms Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Palms Hotel Phoenix
- Royal Palms Resort And Spa Phoenix, Arizona