4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$200
Orbitz.comUS$200
Agoda.comUS$235
2,983 results
All reviews convention center compass restaurant revolving restaurant chase field downtown location within walking distance top floor room service attending a conference parking garage business trip enjoyed my stay very nice hotel lobby arena valet convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2021

The location is great and the rooms are very nice. They keep the hotel very clean and the staff is helpful and friendly. Plus the only spa that was open in central Phoenix and the pool was warm enough to swim! Great place!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Danyell Schastny, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2021

Thank you for your comments. Come back soon and enjoy the whirpool and pool.

Reviewed 18 January 2021

Overnight stay on the way to Sedona. Hotel is the heart of downtown Phoenix, with lots of dining options within walking distance. Even with COVID, there was still plenty of dining options available. Would definitely recommend this Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Danyell Schastny, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

Sounds like the trip was a great one. Sedona and Hyatt downtown Phoenix. Glad you enjoyed your vacation. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 16 January 2021

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix this past weekend for his birthday trip, and we loved it! Our experience was so pleasant we actually extended it two extra days.

I typically use Airbnb, but all the additional fees have made it so that the prices are no longer deals. After a ton of research, I booked this Hyatt. This spot exceeded my expectations, especially for the price range. Our room was beautiful and very clean, and the location was perfect for romping around downtown.

My favorite aspect was, without question, the exceptional customer service. Every single staff member we interacted with was friendly, professional, and more than accommodating. An extra shout out to Jeff Monson, the Director of Operations, for going above and beyond. Aside from being super pleasant, I saw him take on multiple jobs with complete humility. He was cleaning, checking people in, dealing with luggage, and all with a big smile. When an issue arose (a mistake on my part), he dealt with it quickly and painlessly.

Next time we’re headed to Phoenix, we’ll definitely be booking here again. Thanks for the great experience!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad the hotel, staff and location exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having stay with us for a future Phoenix visit.

Reviewed 8 January 2021 via mobile

My wife and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix on four separate occasions over the last few months while we visited Arizona from CA in order to look for a new home. Every one of our stays have been great. The front desk and management staff are extremely pleasant and helpful and even remember us now. Jeff, Matt, Bea all exemplify what hospitality service should be, and while the Hyatt Regency Phoenix isn't a Peninsula, Four Seasons or Park branded Hyatt they provide the same level of warmth and service I would expect from those 5 star luxury chains.

Alba the housekeeper we've had during our current stay is extremely thorough and helpful, this despite our Presidential Suite being quite large with lots to clean. Our suite, along with the Grand Canyon, City View and Executive Suites we have stayed in are all very comfortable, with good water pressure and very hot water. Some rooms/suites have balconies too which are really cool.

Compass restaurant/lounge is actually very good. Love the charcuterie plate and cocktails. View is unique too as the restaurant revolves.

As good as the hotel is now, I can only assume how much better it is when the state and city have normal levels of tourism and it isn't winter which is probably a slower travel season. The fact that standards have been kept so high speaks well to the men and women who run the property. Excepting the closed brewery restaurant, lack of conventions and masks you wouldn't know anything was different.

Thanks for the great stays.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PlatinumPaul

Thank you for review. Thank you for staying with us. Your review will be shared with the staff. May your housing hunting go well and you find the dream one. Until then, we look forward to seeing at Hyatt Regency Phoenix.

Reviewed 5 January 2021

I just completed a 1 night stay at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix. I went with my family to the Grand Canyon and was driving back home to San Diego and wanted to break up the drive so stayed here. My wife and I are both Globalists and we each booked a room to both get the stay credit.
We got connecting rooms #1927 and #1929 which were both really modern and comfortable. Everything looked brand new. I’m not sure how old this hotel is but everything was sparkling clean.

I booked the week prior and the General Manager, Thomas Delaney was kind enough to proactively reach out to both of us via email a few days before we arrived to see if we needed anything at all. We thanked him and just requested a connecting room as we were traveling with our 3 children. He said that wouldn’t be any problem at all.

We were coming from Sedona and didn’t need an early check-in but we got an email early morning informing us that the room was ready if we needed to check-in early.

The check-in staff is super friendly. It was confusing where to park. I assumed the building had their own parking garage so I drove around the building but didn’t see one. Also they have several luggage carts inside the lobby area so if you have a lot of luggage you can take it out to your car.

There is an area where you can park your car in front of the hotel to unload/load bags. I had to park and go in to ask where the garage was. Turns out it’s past the hotel. So just go past the first stop light past the hotel and just immediately as you pass that light it’s on the right. There are two lanes and one specifically for Hyatt guests.

Make sure you check in first and then they will give you a 4 digit PIN to enter into the parking garage. The parking is $23 daily fee was waived as a Globalist and I believe Hyatt has a free parking promotion right now. I used the same PIN to exit the garage as well. There was no valet parking due to COVID. At the check-in I asked about the breakfast situation and she told me as a Globalist, I could order what I wanted from the B&B Cafe right off the lobby.

They had a ton of drinks including Starbucks coffees. They had breakfast sandwiches and breakfast burritos, tons of soft drinks and some snacks. They also have a microwave oven you can use if you need one which is convenient. My wife also needed some boiling water at night and even though they were closed the front desk attendant got my daughter some boiling water late at night. They also have an honor bar for soft drinks, milk, drinks, etc for the drinks at night. Not sure if that was just for January 1 but I assume not. There is NO Club in this property.

The area was fairly dead as it was January 1 when we checked in. There are a ton of restaurants in the area. The hotel is across the street from the Convention Center and the ballpark is right around the corner so I can see pre COVID this area was probably booming.

The lobby area is nice with tons of seating. The next morning we came down to the Cafe and we ordered a ton of stuff. The breakfast burritos were decent and we ordered tons of stuff including scones, cereal, drinks.
Everything in the room was perfect. Beds were super comfortable. It was super quiet and it had a great view from the 19th floor. Ice machines on each floor.

Fabulous hotel and really friendly staff. Nothing at all to complain about, especially at these low nightly prices. The hotel seemed fairly dead. I’m not sure what the nightly rate normally is (pre COVID) is at this hotel but I’d definitely stay here again the next time I’m in Phoenix based on my experience.

5  Thank saintba
Danyell Schastny, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Thank you saintba! We appreciate the feedback and being part of your trip to the Grand Canyon! We look forward to seeing you int the hotel again soon.