“Sad to say, Saturday, September 30 is the end of the line and Silver Dragon retires”

Silver Dragon Chinese Restaurat
Ranked #585 of 3,299 Restaurants in Phoenix
Reviewed 27 September 2017

My cousin and i met for lunch at Silver Dragon September 26 after reading all the great reviews. So glad we did to sample their fine takes on Hong Kong Cantonese food. i will say this: their version of hot and sour soup is fabulous. It had a wonderful sour to it, there was fabulous heat from the chilies, and it came scorching hot to the table.

We both ate off the lunch specials menu and i found the beef and chicken both to be very tender and easy to eat. The sauce was excellent, and the vegetables were fresh, flavorful and plentiful. My special (house special) also came with a nice mountain of fried rice and 3 or 4 crispy deep fried puff additions that i gave to my cousin to enjoy.

Service was both exceptional and personal, as if we were the only customers in the place. Water refilled 4 times, soup bowls removed as soon as we finished, and lots of passes by by our server and others as well to see if we needed anything. i have never felt more important in any restaurant, including those where my bill exceeded $500. Here, the total was just over $20 including tax.

Only 4 more days for You to visit before they close up and retire. My best advice: get there while You still have the chance!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

My family raved about this place, especially my brother-in-law who grew up in Hong Kong and when I finally visited I knew why. The quality and authenticity of the food in their Chinese menu rival many of the authentic Hong Kong style Chinese restaurants in California's Chinatowns. Definitely try the Sui Kui Soup (Hong Kong style soup dumpling). Also had the Fish Fillet with ginger and onion which is so delicious we ordered an extra one to go. Do not let the apparently obscurity of the location deceive you. This is the real deal. Frequent by the Chinese community in Phoenix. Please note that they close at 5 pm. Prices are reasonable and the staff are friendly.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Strange that a restaurant with such great food is only open from 11a - 5p, but glad we knew in advance and had a great lunch. The building must have been a fast food restaurant in it's history, there is no ambiance, just plain but clean white walls. There are two menus, an Americanized version and an authentic Chinese (Cantonese) one, which you'll need to ask for. I ordered the sweet and hot chicken which was accurately described, as a note, it was Chinese hot not American hot, a nice crescendo burn that stayed with me a little after lunch. Plenty of booths, large tables for big groups, but can get busy- a very good non-traditional American Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Family owned and operated, tasty Cantonese dishes at a reasonable price. Service is efficient and friendly in this no frill, casual restaurant. Restaurant closes on Wednesday and at 5 pm daily.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

This restaurant easily accommodated a party of 12, high chairs too. Sitting was adequate for the big and/or tall - no arms on chairs, wide enough table people weren't playing footsie and kicking each other. Service was prompt and very friendly. We asked for a copy of the authentic as well as American menu. The Hong Kong crispy chicken was out of this world - on an equal footing with Peking Duck House in Manhattan. Salt and Pepper pork chops were also fantastic and a great choice for the low carb crowd - seasoned and grilled meat without buckets of sticky sauce. From the American Chinese menu the potstickers get 'the best in the valley' from me. Crisp, not soggy. We had fried rice, lo mein and sweet and sour pork as well - all delicious. This a great place to meet friends or colleagues for lunch. My guess is these skilled chefs could accommodate any food restriction with ease without sacrificing flavor.