“The service was terrible, and that matched the food”
Review of Wild Thaiger

Wild Thaiger
Ranked #196 of 3,459 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Encanto
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I went there early, about 4 pm. The place was almost empty, just me and one other occupied table. The wait staff was sitting at the bar playing with their cell phones. I waited for some time to be seated, and I was about ready to walk out. But one of the waitresses called to me 'sit anywhere'. Then another long wait. The same waitress was playing with her phone and seemingly could not be bothered with me. She finally came over to ask if I wanted anything to drink. Another eternity went by and she finally took my order. When the food came, she did such a fast about face that I could not ask her for another drink. And she went back to the bar to play with her phone. Getting the bill was also a problem. The food was bland. No spice at all. Some Thai places ask how spicy you want the food, on a 1 to 5 scale. She did not do this. But the spice level was minus 10. The parking lot looks like an abandoned car dump.

1  Thank QQ1234

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Frankly, I am always skeptical of restaurants in these suburban style cities--where everything is in a strip mall. But elsewhere I found some gems. An obviously recycled space--hamburger chain?) the little spot was decorated with animé figures, very clever and hip with without being cute. Our server did look like she was ready for a club night, mesh stockings, lots of ink, but she was incredibly sweet and knowledgeable. The usual pad Thai and lettuce wraps (a little peppery) were good. Dragon Eggz were fine dumplings, not quite up to the menu hype. A new dish-- a corn fritter- simple yet delicious. I have Thai/Asian/ food almost every week. I would be harpy to have this restaurant added the three in my neighborhood,

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I have always loved this restaurant, and they seem to just get better and better each year.

Simple dining room, small booths, and a wonderful patio if nice weather ever returns.

Wait staff are efficient and very helpful.

The food is just so good. We shared an appetizer of Crab Islands. They were like tiny taco salad bowls filled with a delicious crab salad. Wonderful. My friends had various kinds of curry, which they loved. I had an amazing spicy chili catfish. Cooked perfectly. We had wine and cocktails, which were good. For dessert we shared the best cheesecake ever. A homemade mango cheesecake, baked by the owner. It was so good I got another piece to take home to my cheesecake loving husband. He was ecstatic. She really should sell cheesecakes.

Prices are very reasonable and this is a great place for not so traditional Thai.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

From the on-site parking to the large menu, everything about this restaurant was very good. The staff was friendly and efficient, the choices varied, and the food was well prepared. It will take at least a few trips to try all the items that looked enticing.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

The exterior is unassuming but the inside is nice. There is a patio area but it was too warm when I was there. I had crab islands and they were very good. The red sauce on the plate is quite spicy! The waitstaff was attentive.