“Surprisingly good”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Encanto
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Frankly, I am always skeptical of restaurants in these suburban style cities--where everything is in a strip mall. But elsewhere I found some gems. An obviously recycled space--hamburger chain?) the little spot was decorated with animé figures, very clever and hip with without being cute. Our server did look like she was ready for a club night, mesh stockings, lots of ink, but she was incredibly sweet and knowledgeable. The usual pad Thai and lettuce wraps (a little peppery) were good. Dragon Eggz were fine dumplings, not quite up to the menu hype. A new dish-- a corn fritter- simple yet delicious. I have Thai/Asian/ food almost every week. I would be harpy to have this restaurant added the three in my neighborhood,

Reviewed 19 August 2018

I have always loved this restaurant, and they seem to just get better and better each year.

Simple dining room, small booths, and a wonderful patio if nice weather ever returns.

Wait staff are efficient and very helpful.

The food is just so good. We shared an appetizer of Crab Islands. They were like tiny taco salad bowls filled with a delicious crab salad. Wonderful. My friends had various kinds of curry, which they loved. I had an amazing spicy chili catfish. Cooked perfectly. We had wine and cocktails, which were good. For dessert we shared the best cheesecake ever. A homemade mango cheesecake, baked by the owner. It was so good I got another piece to take home to my cheesecake loving husband. He was ecstatic. She really should sell cheesecakes.

Prices are very reasonable and this is a great place for not so traditional Thai.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

From the on-site parking to the large menu, everything about this restaurant was very good. The staff was friendly and efficient, the choices varied, and the food was well prepared. It will take at least a few trips to try all the items that looked enticing.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

The exterior is unassuming but the inside is nice. There is a patio area but it was too warm when I was there. I had crab islands and they were very good. The red sauce on the plate is quite spicy! The waitstaff was attentive.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Our friends invited us to The Wild Thaiger restaurant for dinner and what a surprise. Their menu is superb and the food is out of this world. Brought back so many memories from when I was in Thailand back in the early '70s.

Their website provides excellent photos of all their dishes so one can really look the menu over before arriving at the restaurant. The restaurant is a very quaint hole in the wall place with outstanding Thai food, it's like a lost shiny penny in the rough.

Service was provided by "A", her name for sure, "A" was very informative in helping us make our decisions from the menu, her service was superb and very pleasant. We even asked for the owner to visit us and she came out and chatted for a few minutes, very nice lady.

We ordered the Dragon Eggz (steamed or crispy) Stared in “Triple D”pork, shrimp, crab dumplings and Satay Sampler Tasty chicken, beef, shrimp skewers with amazing peanut sauce for our appetizers...FANTASTIC !!!

For our main courses: I had the Thaiger Ribs Full Rack - The Bomb! Juicy marinated pork ribs dripping with deliciousness stirfried seasonal veggies and green chili sauce...yummy!, my wife had the Tropical Fried Rice with Classic jasmine fried rice, egg, snow peas,onion, carrots pineapple and our friends split the Thaiger Ribs Full Rack - The Bomb! Juicy marinated pork ribs dripping with deliciousness stirfried seasonal veggies and green chili sauce...yummy!.

For dessert we had Chef Ola's Special Desserts of the Day!, Coconut Cheesecake.

Do we recommend this restaurant?? MOST DEFINITELY !!!