“Classy and Delicious”
Review of The Gladly

The Gladly
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gladly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 3,457 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Named one of Phoenix's best new restaurants, The Gladly is the follow up concept by the owner's of critically acclaimed Citizen Public House. The stylish bar boasts a world-class craft beverage program and over 200 whiskies to go along with Chef Bernie Kantak's well-traveled comfort food. Groups can choose between a 30-seat semi-private mezzanine level, and a fully private 60-seat banquet room. Located in the heart of the Camelback Corridor our contemporary urban restaurant showcases floor-to-ceiling windows, energetic dining experiences, and warm & memorable service.
Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is one of my favorite restaurants in central Phoenix. It is easy to miss. You probably drive past it every day and have not noticed it in the "basement" of the 2201 building. The menu is limited, but everything is healthy and beautifully presented. For example, the plate for the chicken liver pate is a flavorful adventure of perfect pate, pickled onions, capers, hot mustard and toasted bread. The Gladly is most noted for its extensive liquor list. Order it straight up, but be sure to order an ice ball to impress your guests. The wait staff is beautiful attired, articulate, knowledgeable and friendly. The Gladly is a place you will be glad you picked for a business meeting or an out-of-town visitor.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

This reminds me of a classy New York bistro, in a good way. Clean, crisp, and modern. The food is excellent. My favorite is the chopped salad. A must every time I go. So many places to choose from in the Valley and this is high on my list. I do enjoy the atmosphere more during lunch but that is just me. I tend to look for a cozier room for dinner, all depends on the company or reason for the meal. Try it for yourself, I bet you add it as one of your favorites.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

We tried The Glady for Restaurant Week. The menu selections were good and we enjoyed the items we ordered. The have a nice cocktail menu and we enjoyed a great drink before dinner. They have an impressive list of whiskeys here. Our server was friendly and attentive but our food came out a bit slow. I suspect this was due to the busy Restaurant Week crowd and the table of 14 seated near us which ordered just before us. The ambience is classy and airy with lots of windows. While it's not somewhere I would go to often, I will likely go again and would recommend it.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Located in uptown Phoenix at the corner of 22nd street and Camelback. To park, the lot is just south of Camelback on the east side of the road. The first turn heading south.

The food was good (4 Stars) but nothing special. Entrees are pricey for what you get (small portions).

The biggest drawback is it is very noisy. If you are having a one in one conversation it is fine. Out table of five might as well been split into two tables. You cannot hear one person over. Once it was only half full, the noise level was that of other restaurants.

It has a beautiful bar with seating.

Service was ok. Drinks were not refilled timely or at all (iced tea and water).

There are many other restaurants in the area offering better ambience, food, and service.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Great place! Love the style and decor. Love the floor to ceiling windows along 2 sides of the main dining area. A great patio. The food was excellent! The chopped salad so good! The scallops delicious even though a bit undercooked. I will be back. We were here for restaurant week.