“Best Business Meal in Camelback Corridor”
Review of The Gladly

The Gladly
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gladly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 3,412 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Named one of Phoenix's best new restaurants, The Gladly is the follow up concept by the owner's of critically acclaimed Citizen Public House. The stylish bar boasts a world-class craft beverage program and over 200 whiskies to go along with Chef Bernie Kantak's well-traveled comfort food. Groups can choose between a 30-seat semi-private mezzanine level, and a fully private 60-seat banquet room. Located in the heart of the Camelback Corridor our contemporary urban restaurant showcases floor-to-ceiling windows, energetic dining experiences, and warm & memorable service.
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Delicious way to spend a lunch or dinner in the Camelback Corridor - for both business or pleasure! Beautiful restaurant, inside and out - the food is beyond incredible - staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. Perfect ingredients to true success. We had a beautiful dinner there, outside on their patio, and even though the restaurant sits on Camelback Road, we didn't even hear the traffic. Ambiance in the evening hours is relaxing. I had the filet, delicious - quite traditional though. We arrived in time for Happy Hour, which they offered to all diners, not only those at the bar. Super wonderful idea, for we were able to try a few delicious treats before our meal arrived! One of the appetizers we ordered were their "Super Yummy Nuts" - totally super yummy!!! We also tried the pretzels and cheese -again, yum! And we indulged a little in the Happy Hour adult beverages - delicious wines and a huge selection of beer and whiskeys! My friends had the Chef special which they raved about!!! Apparently, they got the better meal, so they claimed. My filet was incredible! If you are looking for a great business lunch or dinner in this area, definitely give The Gladly a try. You won't be disappointed. Try the Chopped Salad, if you are looking for something extremely delicious! Oh yeah - and the Banana Salted Carmel Pudding for dessert!!!! :)
One more little fun fact nugget... in the middle of our dinner, the Chef sent out a homemade Corn Dog that he made for every diner that evening. It was delicious and such a great treat!!!

Reviewed 22 March 2015 via mobile

If you've tried The Gladly's sister restaurant Citizen Public House, then I guarantee you'll love this. Their menus are nearly the same and you get the same quality of service as CPH.

There was a small reception going on in the patio area that looked very posh and organized.

I had the filet which was cooked to perfection along with the smashed potatoes and asparagus while others opted for the very popular chopped salad.

I highly recommend! Enjoy!

Reviewed 7 March 2015 via mobile

Excellent food, service, and whisky list. The chopped salad is the best salad I've ever had... you will ask for the recipe, too. Try the brussel sprout appetizer.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

We hosted 20 people here for a business dinner. We had the private mezzanine room which worked splendidly, small enough that we weren't rattling around, large enough that it wasn't too noisy. We had only a small pre-selected menu. We started with the famous chopped salad, a combination of salmon, arugula, dried corn, tomatos, Israeli couscous, currants, pumpkin seeds, asiago, and buttermilk dressing (substitute chicken or avocado if you don't care for salmon). It comes beautifully presented in stripes of color, then mixed at table. Everyone at my table (7 people) agreed it was among the best salads we'd ever had. My clients were delighted, said they would return from Miami, Atlanta, and Nashville, among other places, and bring their friends for it.

Thanks to crkport's detailed review, I knew to order the roasted brussel sprouts, even though they weren't on our limited menu. They were outstanding, charred and served on a bed of grits.

My main course was the chimichurri chicken. It was nicely spiced and very tender, with fingerling potatos, definitely a heavier dish. After the salad and brussel sprouts, and looking forward to dessert, though, I didn't really need the main dish. My dining companions had the short ribs and scallops, and said they were excellent, but likewise decided that when we come back we'd be completely happy with appetizers, salad and dessert.

So...dessert. Our pre-set menu included 2 chocolate desserts. One of them must have been the ganache from the menu. The other, a teensy round tart was outstanding: a shortbread crust, salted caramel, and chocolate. I couldn't find it on the menu. We did feel compelled to try the other dessert offerings from the full menu, in the name of completeness. The banana creme jar is a decadent and very sweet blend of vanilla pudding, bananas, salted caramel, whipped cream, and peanut butter cookies. A couple spoonfuls each was incredible and enough. We also tried the orange cake, which had a lovely, strong orange flavor. After the sweetness of the banana jar, it tasted a bit bitter, but I would definitely recommend it, just eat it first (or make it your sole dessert, if you have more self control than I do).

Service was excellent--exceptionally friendly, attentive and helpful and also quick, which is not always the case for a group of this size. Each table has its own server and they all graciously helped each other out, so all 3 tables got food delivered at the same time. We frequently take out groups this size, and it's much more common to have one table finishing mains while another waiting to be served. Special kudos to Phillip. He kept us laughing, was very helpful with all our special requests, even brought us all copies of the salad recipe.

Stop reading and get yourself over to Gladly!

Reviewed 3 March 2015

Went for a small business dinner. Food was absolutely outstanding including the drinks. One person in our party had a chopped salad and it was the most chopped salad ever! I really enjoyed the pan seared scallops and the unique take on the moscow mule. All the meals seemed very unique and creative. Location is not especially great but there was outdoor seating. Service was a little slow in collecting payment. All-in-all highly recommended.