“Its a small place but comfortable”
Review of Barrio Cafe

Barrio Cafe
Ranked #35 of 3,465 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Encanto
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The food was good and the service was good. We will go there again. It's a small place with a relaxed atmosphere, feels like a family owned operation.

Date of visit: September 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I am a Texan that loves good Mexican food and loves to try different variations of the cuisine. I had never had guacamole with pomegranate seeds before and was game to try, yet apprehensive. Glad I did as the ingredients worked well together and was quite tasty. I had the mole chicken enchiladas with both dark/red mole. Yum. Very heavy/rich though. My husband enjoyed the pork tacos pibil. I have never seen bread/olive tapenade served in lieu of chips/salsa; while good, I missed the chips/salsa. My margarita was fair. Overall a delicious dinner.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I loved the bread with the olive spread. Ordered the enchiladas , pork tacos, and the stuffed pepper with pomegranate was sooo good. they were all amazing. A must try if in the Phoenix area.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I have never been a big fan of enchiladas as I tend to prefer fajitas or quesadillas. However, the enchiladas description seemed so appealing I couldn’t resist. These were absolutely exquisitely tasty!!! My husband had the torta and he enjoyed this as well. It was the best Mexican meal we have had in Arizona. A bit pricey but a great experience. Service was great and I highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Chose to visit on a recent for my husband’s birthday. Really delicious, authentic Mexican food & drinks served in a quaint low level building. Outside is covered in wonderful murals, making the restaurant hard to miss.
Worth it for a trip to the eclectic restroom!
Great place, nice atmosphere and delightful dishes.