“Great lunch spot ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Encanto
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to this restaurant, but we have been to both other Bianco restaurants and really like them. This is a rustic, comfortable place with shared tables (although it wasn't so busy that we had to share). Monday-Thursday it is only open 11-3, Friday and Saturday 11-10. I can recommend the Sopressata Sandwich, the olives and Italian ice for dessert. We sat toward the front of the restaurant and didn't know to check the big specials board halfway back, so we did miss a melon and prosciutto plate I would have tried. Oh, well, we'll just have to go back the next time we are in Phoenix! There is also a small market/carry out attached which sells their wonderful bread.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Chris Bianco started his first Artisanal pizzeria in the back corner of a small grocery store in 1988.
This was my second time dining here and I can't wait to go back!
I eat the tuna salad. It's prepared with fresh, line caught tuna, olive oil, etc. No mayonnaise! The tomatoes are sweet and juicy, like the ones we grew in our home garden. They use locally sourced greens too.
This is a gem! The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Definitely lived up to the reviews! Great food, wonderful atmosphere. Service was great also! First stop in Phoenix, a win!

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Pane Bianco has both sit down and to go service. The food is great. I like both the sandwiches and the salads that are changing on the menu throughout the year. Definitely worth a visit if you are in town.

1  Thank Joshua K
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

My mom and I went out to lunch here because she couldn't stop talking about how amazing the place was. I ordered the chef's special for the day which was pulled beef with greens. The beef was tender and tasty and the bread, what they're known for, was yummy. However, my mind wasn't blown (maybe because of all the hype) and you will pay a minimum of $10 for a sandwich. I think mine was $12.50. I know typically in life you get what you pay for, it was just hard to stomach spending so much for a sandwich and I was hungry again in a few hours. My mom absolutely loved her soppressata sandwich and I know she would give it 5 stars. There are a few benches outside to eat at which is nice if the weather permits. I probably wouldn't go back on my own but also wouldn't object to going back if someone else really wanted to go.